Author Topic: Ecowitt weather map vs national meteorological map  (Read 514 times)

Offline Jeje2

• Contributor
Ecowitt weather map vs national meteorological map
« on: December 14, 2021, 08:37:46 AM »
As a new rookie to weather reporting and looking at other systems - I have now noticed great variance in Ecowitt Weather map compared to official meteorological results.  Which of course isn't that nice...  ](*,)

Worst is situation with wind. The directions between different PWS stations vary very very much and as a general thing also the speed is significantly lower from the PWS reporting.  (I do admit that my personal station is in bad place for good wind readings, but as have now followed and compared to official data the direction pretty well represents the truth at windspeeds ca 1m/s upwards - which I do consider to be a good result in my situation)

So here are now one comparison picture of wind for today - the map represents Southern Finland around the Capital of Helsinki.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Ecowitt:
  • GW1102 Wi-Fi Weather Station with Solar Powered Wireless Anemometer, UV & Light Sensor, Self-Emptying Rain Collector
    • GW1100 Ecowitt Wireless Weather Station Gateway
    • WS68 Wireless Solar Powered Anemometer with Light & UV Sensor
    • WH40 Wireless Self-Emptying Rain Collector Rainfall Sensor
    • Outdoor Temperature and Humidity Sensor
  • WH31 Multi-Channel Temperature and humidity Sensor (8 pcs)
  • WH51 Wireless Soil Moisture Sensor
  • WH45 Indoor CO2 PM2.5 PM10 Temperature and Humidity 5-in-1 Air Quality Sensor
  • WH57 Outdoor Wireless Lightning Detection Sens

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Ecowitt weather map vs national meteorological map
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 08:58:57 AM »
Predominant vs Instant?

Offline Jeje2

• Contributor
Re: Ecowitt weather map vs national meteorological map
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 01:18:15 PM »
Predominant vs Instant?
The numbers shown in the meteorological institute measurement window is wind speed. (not wind gust) 
Example is the wind speeed of 7.0 on the northern border of capital area - that measurement is located at the Helsinki-Vantaa international airport. So when at that moment the wind speed was 7.0 m/s, was the wind gust 9,4m/s.
Ecowitt:
  • GW1102 Wi-Fi Weather Station with Solar Powered Wireless Anemometer, UV & Light Sensor, Self-Emptying Rain Collector
    • GW1100 Ecowitt Wireless Weather Station Gateway
    • WS68 Wireless Solar Powered Anemometer with Light & UV Sensor
    • WH40 Wireless Self-Emptying Rain Collector Rainfall Sensor
    • Outdoor Temperature and Humidity Sensor
  • WH31 Multi-Channel Temperature and humidity Sensor (8 pcs)
  • WH51 Wireless Soil Moisture Sensor
  • WH45 Indoor CO2 PM2.5 PM10 Temperature and Humidity 5-in-1 Air Quality Sensor
  • WH57 Outdoor Wireless Lightning Detection Sens

anything