Author Topic: Camstream alternative?  (Read 9946 times)

Offline ke9lz

• De Pere - Athelstane Weather
  • Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
Camstream alternative?
« on: January 18, 2015, 11:50:03 PM »
I have been using Imagesalsa and Camstream Applet V1.5 to stream my webcams for years without a hitch but have noticed that it will not work with android phones and others.  Has anyone put together a newer script that can be used on multiple platforms and work with Imagesalsa? 
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
Re: Camstream alternative?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 08:01:58 PM »
Steve,

Not sure this will help because I can't get any more on my desktop browser (FF 34), but I get my stream via Dolphin w/ Jetpack browser for android.

HTH

George

Offline ke9lz

• Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 10:18:08 AM »
Hi George and thanks.  I have seen that and it works but for a lot of the viewers of my web sites it's an unknown step for them to take.  With adobe flash no longer being available for android I can see this as being more and more of a problem.  It still works fine in windows but figured I would start looking for alternatives.
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:46:08 AM »
Webcam 7 streams can be used on Android and desktop. I've got my cams streaming with it.
Tony

Offline ke9lz

• Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 10:54:06 AM »
Yes I have looked at it but I have almost 30 cameras and don't know if it would handle it.  I like Imagesalsa because it is very stable and handles my system very well and does everything that I want.  If need be I would look into switching but guess I am I die hard with IS since I have been using it from the beginning since Jason made it.
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »
I can verify Netcam studio also does work with android. For some reason webcam7 I'm now having issues with streaming anything outside my network. Something I don't understand most likely in the generated html even though it was working last night. 
Randy

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 12:17:41 PM »
Yes I have looked at it but I have almost 30 cameras and don't know if it would handle it.  I like Imagesalsa because it is very stable and handles my system very well and does everything that I want.  If need be I would look into switching but guess I am I die hard with IS since I have been using it from the beginning since Jason made it.

Chris from Capeweather here on the forums has quite a few running on Webcam 7 I believe.

http://www.capeweather.com/webcam.html
Tony

Offline ke9lz

• Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 10:55:31 PM »
Well I did some looking around and found a Ajax script that might due the trick.  I have it up and running on my server and seems to work fine with my android phone along with IE, Firefox and Chrome but since I have no Apple stuff I would like to know if it works on there systems also.  Can some one check and see if it is working with Apple products?  The web address is http://weather.athelstanewi.com/streamtest.php .  If it works I plan to clean up the code and use it on my site.  The script is limited to 1 frame per second but I don't see that as a problem.  I have looked at other webcam software and find that there isn't anything that compares to Imagesalsa so hoping to breath new life into it.
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »
My iPhone 6 shows the page but the main content area is blank

Andy
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 11:00:34 AM »
It also seems to be taking a long time to load my weather homepage loads way faster than the page you linked to on your site.
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline ke9lz

• Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 11:15:38 AM »
Sorry about that!  I was doing some cleaning on that computer before I head home and had it down.  It should be up now.
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565