Author Topic: Acurite 5 in 1 wifi reporting to WU problem  (Read 604 times)

Offline lloydnsher

Acurite 5 in 1 wifi reporting to WU problem
« on: September 28, 2022, 09:20:31 AM »
My weather station stopped showing up on the wu map ten days ago. My display is receiving data from the sensors just fine. I have reset the station and gone through the wifi setup several times. I have confirmed the station is a client in my 2.4g WIFI. I have emailed WU asking if they are receiving data from me but have not gotten a response. There are other stations in my area reporting so I don't think it's a WU problem.  I looked at the WU quality control parameters and I'm meeting those just fine. 1. If the system is connecting to wifi does that mean the acurite system is all good? 2. Is there any way to tell if I am sending data out?   thanks for any help you can give.

Offline jgmoxness

Re: Acurite 5 in 1 wifi reporting to WU problem
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 10:15:20 AM »
I have the exact same problem. Worked fine for the last year and stopped last week. Reset everything from info, keys, wifi, station, batteries, even including new WU user account.

I use this for astrophotography and have written drivers to access the data (so I am very familiar with the tech).

Seems like WU changed the service??

Offline jgmoxness

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 06:52:05 PM »
I just checked the WU support page. They now have an announcement for this issue.
-----------------------------
Announcements
AcuRite Weather Stations Not Uploading

AcuRite personal weather stations (PWS) that include instrument O6086M are not working correctly with Weather Unclerground. AcuRite is looking into the issue, and WU is looking into the possibility of a temporary patch until AcuRite is able to issue a firmware update.
-----------------------------
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:22:43 AM by jgmoxness »

Offline lloydnsher

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 10:03:12 AM »
thanks jgmoxness. I've been pulling my hair out over this and i can't afford to do too much of that.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:05:34 AM by lloydnsher »

anything