Author Topic: MyAcurite appears to be down, but I am still reporting to WU.  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
MyAcurite appears to be down, but I am still reporting to WU.
« on: November 19, 2020, 10:30:23 PM »
Has anyone else noticed their sensors on MyAcurite have gone offline, but what you have reporting to WU is still reporting? My Access splash page shows full signal for all sensors still. It just seems to be a MyAcurite issue only. On the splash page below, the one that is "0" is a nieghbor's sensor that my Access picks up occasionally.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 11:26:29 PM by Mirwin275 »

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Re: MyAcurite appears to be down, but I am still reporting to WU.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:30:23 AM »
Just checked mine after getting some E-Mails telling me 5 of my 6 sensors haven't reported in a couple of hours . My Atlas shows green but all my other sensors show red also . Must be with Acurites servers .

« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 02:11:43 AM by Mabcmb »

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 07:48:01 AM »
I am having the same issue here in Ohio. I rebooted my sensors and Acecsses without any changes.
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 08:06:33 AM »
It seems like the the MyAcurite servers are working partially. All of mine are down still except for 2. I still have a solid looking splash page.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 09:44:35 AM »
It looks like it's coming back now, but there will be a lag until it fully catches up to real-time. When this happened before, there was a lag with the data catching up.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 09:48:08 AM »
Last night I noticed only one of my indoor sensors was green, all others and 5 and 1 were red. I rebooted Access and Splash Page but no change. This morning I rebooted at Splash Page again and got all greens but no data reported to MyAcurite since 9:42 pm est last night. Still no new data showing on MyAcurite. WU has been reporting non-stop. Thank god for WU! Acurite should free up their data so we can pick where we want it to go.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 09:55:48 AM »
Last night I noticed only one of my indoor sensors was green, all others and 5 and 1 were red. I rebooted Access and Splash Page but no change. This morning I rebooted at Splash Page again and got all greens but no data reported to MyAcurite since 9:42 pm est last night. Still no new data showing on MyAcurite. WU has been reporting non-stop. Thank god for WU! Acurite should free up their data so we can pick where we want it to go.

Yea, this happened before and it has everything to do with MyAcurite only. I found it has nothing to do with the Access or my sensors connected to the Access. They must have had some servers down at Acurite. As far as I know they use AWS for their servers, which is Amazon.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 10:25:09 AM »

Yea, this happened before and it has everything to do with MyAcurite only. I found it has nothing to do with the Access or my sensors connected to the Access. They must have had some servers down at Acurite. As far as I know they use AWS for their servers, which is Amazon.

Wouldn't it be nice if their alerts mentioned this instead of having their customers go running around like chickens with their heads cut  ](*,) off rebooting the Access, the Splash Page, the browser, the computer..........

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 11:26:16 AM »
A new message is appearing on MyAcuRite as of this morning

"Due to an AWS outage, some My AcuRite customers are seeing charts that may not be updated, and dashboards may not show the most recent readings. We’re aware of the issue and are working on it urgently, and we apologize for the inconvenience!" ....

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 04:10:25 PM »
Looks like it's resolved now. They updated the message. Should be catching up now as the hours go on.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2020, 07:39:36 PM »
Looks like it's resolved now. They updated the message. Should be catching up now as the hours go on.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I'm not sure what you mean by "catching up" as the data seemed to be lost on MyAcurite (see attached pic). It is intact on WU but for anyone relying on MyAcurite for data, it appears to be lost. This is a good reason why the data shouldn't be proprietary.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2020, 09:29:34 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by "catching up" as the data seemed to be lost on MyAcurite (see attached pic). It is intact on WU but for anyone relying on MyAcurite for data, it appears to be lost. This is a good reason why the data shouldn't be proprietary.

I see what you're saying. For me, it looks like not all of my sensors were affected in the same way. Below are 2 screenshots. The first one is of my Atlas and the second is a tower sensor in the house.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:35:18 PM by Mirwin275 »

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 09:35:17 PM »
Is anyone having the "can't retrieve data" message on MyAcurite currently? I am still reporting to WU though.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 09:40:29 PM »
Is anyone having the "can't retrieve data" message on MyAcurite currently? I am still reporting to WU though.

Yep I'm getting this message right now " Error

Something went wrong. This is an unknown error response.

You can go back, or use the navigation above to help find what you are looking for." 

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 09:42:49 PM »

Yep I'm getting this message right now " Error

Something went wrong. This is an unknown error response.

You can go back, or use the navigation above to help find what you are looking for."

Ok, I guess AWS issues again probably. I didn't think I was the only one. Just checking.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 11:02:43 PM »
It looks like MyAcurite is coming back up, but does not look fully up yet. Some of my sensors are red and some are green. Before, I couldn't do anything and just kept getting the error message.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 11:17:15 PM by Mirwin275 »

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 11:14:09 PM »
It looks like MyAcurite is coming back up, but does not look fully up yet. Some of my sensors are red and some are green. Before, I couldn't do anything and just glkept getting the error message.

All my sensors are back up but the charts are 2 hour behind right now .

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 08:46:57 AM »
 I had a problem late last night but everything's back to normal now
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access