Author Topic: Weatherlink Suggestion  (Read 534 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Weatherlink Suggestion
« on: May 18, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »
I sent an email to the Davis support people asking that for the Weatherlink.com and for their apps, the ability to be able to name the extra sensors.   Rather than have to carry around a legend card, it would be nice to look at the online or the phone app and see what the extra sensors are.

I have attached my extra WL sensosrs.   I have sensors in the crawl space, attic, basement and soil temp as well, a full 8 stations.   What I do recall is that  the extra stations do not follow  what the transmitters are.
for example,  Station5 for me is a temp/hum in the basement.  On the  WL app or site, it is temp 2, Hum 3.    and so it goes.   I wonder if enough people wanted that, and wrote the support folks, they would revise their site.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 04:19:06 AM »
That would be a good move and I'm pretty sure it's already on the list of planned future features. Problem is that the programmers have several other priorities right now like NOAA reports and which are likely take precedence.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.