Author Topic: Alternative to the official My AcuRite application  (Read 831 times)

Offline vincenttoupet

• Netatmo Analytics
Alternative to the official My AcuRite application
« on: November 03, 2023, 03:35:22 AM »
I have developed an integration of My AcuRite with SmartMixin, a mobile application that lets you display your weather data as you always wished for.

You have access to:
  • current conditions
  • historical weather data (comparison with previous periods)
  • monthly/annual reports and analysis of your weather data
  • access to global and regional forecast weather models (and compare their outputs)
  • rain radar
  • ... an lots of other features (alerts, weather maps, data exports...)

It's the first version of this integration with My AcuRite and I intend to make it better. For this, I need your feedback. Let me know what you think (if you find bugs) and what could be improved.

Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/smartmixin-weather/id1257840938
Android Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vtoupet.smartmixin&hl=en&gl=US

Some screenshots of the app:
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
Re: Alternative to the official My AcuRite application
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 12:08:25 PM »
I just downloaded your app as I am always looking for a better way to view the data beyond MyAcurite and Wunderground. I noticed that Wunderground updates for 5-1 station aprox. every 24 seconds on their app but it takes over a minute on your app. Is this extra lag inherent in the way you are accessing the Wunderground data or is there some way to improve the speed of updating? This is usually not an issue but when there are interesting wind events occurring I like to see fastest updates possible.

Something that would be nice would be a way to configure the main display (or another menu page option) with less info but with larger display dials-- for example gauges to show temp, wind, and barometric pressure (w/direction). User selectable gauges would be ideal but I realize designing might be difficult.

Thanks for the new app!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 05:11:06 PM by BeaverMeadow »

Offline wags1

Re: Alternative to the official My AcuRite application
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 08:24:00 AM »
Downloaded the app on my iPhone from the Apple store. Search for local station not find my AcuRite station. attempting to login to either WU or MyAcurite did not work.