Author Topic: Webpage Very Sick! Another Glitch in the Matrix - Station Offline  (Read 7782 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Re: Webpage Very Sick! Another Glitch in the Matrix - Station Offline
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »
Hopefully they are trying to fix the wind vane spider issue.

Mine came back and the wind vane spider legs AKA the stick man has disappeared . Also some of the other station around me are now showing on the map .

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2020, 10:04:12 PM »
Now works with Safari—an improvement but many pws do not show up on mapbox including my 3 pws, which WU is publishing and calling online. I couldn’t find any Goldstar stations which may be a positive—eliminates a great concept but poorly executed by WU making the Goldstar a joke.

The historical data WU accumulated on my 3 pws over the years remains intact, as Galfert stated previously, is a great benefit of uploading to WU.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 10:15:11 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline arbkab

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2020, 07:21:47 AM »
The data is loading, true, but am I the only one not seeing any stations appear on the map on the dashboard?
No, you're not the only one (I actually see a couple of stations but the VAST majority are missing). Geez, if it's not one thing broken, it's another...

Offline soxfan2k4

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »
Offline again.  Love it

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2020, 04:56:23 PM »
Well another update , as of this morning my station and over 3/4 of the station in my area are no longer showing on Wundermaps on either my WU page or the big map  !! So unless you have bookmarked there stations or remember there station ID then theirs now way to see them .  Come on WU stop doing updates that are ruining WU for the users !!!!!!

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2020, 07:53:17 PM »
Much more of this ludicrous. The new Aeris PWS BETA is a nice format. It now has forecasting as well as a dashboard. They are working out the bugs. Also Ambient is going live on March 1st with their new format that also includes forecasting. I believe that there will be a major exodus from WU over the next few months. Others have come in to fill the void. Amazing that WU took a good working model and broke it in the same length of time others have built theirs from scratch.

Offline buffy

• Contributor
  • My PWS: Garni Ventus 830
    • PWS Monitor
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2020, 04:02:37 AM »
I don't see my PWS on Wundermap. Also I see only 2 stations around. There were about 10 stations at least. I tried accept privacy policy in settings, but that's not help.

Offline joegr

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »
Well they screwed something up again  ](*,) . Seems now over half the station in my area no longer show up on the wundermap since yesterday . My station is also MIA but since I saved my location to a bookmark I can see it's working A-OK and updating as before it's just not showing on the map .

It's the same for me.  Very annoying.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2020, 04:23:33 PM »
Looks like in the past week there have been some service issues with stations falling off the map. I don't think that any station stopped being able to report. So the good news is no data loss. Although some early February data missing reports have been made. I think that data will return if it is anything like the previous data missing from July 2019.

Today as I checked a few times during the day the map started showing stations bit by bit. It is rather interesting that they don't just populate the map all at once. It seemed to happen over the course of a few hours. My neighbor's station (500 feet away) showed up first. Then one of my stations showed up much later (I have several stations in the same area)...and then finally it seems to be a full map now (maybe).

Good news also is that the wind vane spider issue seems to have been fixed. The map (little map on dashboard) is updating and showing wind correctly.

Wondermap (the big map) though does freeze sometimes still and requires browser refresh.

baby steps....and patience.  I just don't know why WU doesn't just copy the systems(s) and create a test environment to play [test] with.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:30:25 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2020, 04:27:36 PM »
Looks like in the past week there have been some service issues with stations falling off the map. I don't think that any station stopped being able to report. So the good news is no data loss. Although some early February data missing reports have been made. I think that data will return if it is anything like the previous data missing from July 2019.

Today as I checked a few times during the day the map started showing stations bit by bit. It is rather interesting that they don't just populate the map all at once. It seemed to happen over the course of a few hours. My neighbors station (500 feet away) showed up first. Then one of my stations showed up much later (I have several stations in the same area)...and then finally it seems to be a full map now (maybe).

Good news also is that the wind vane spider issue seems to have been fixed. The map (little map on dashboard) is updating and showing wind correctly.

Wondermap (the big map) though does freeze still and requires browser refresh.

I haven't stared at it more than a minute or two, but it appears rapidfire updates may be starting to show a bit more frequently. I'll get an occasional 20-30 second pause, but I'm seeing many more in the 3-8 second range today.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2020, 10:39:30 PM »
Well WU giveth and WU taketh away the same day . I have no idea what's going on with WU and maybe they don't either . I looked this afternoon and my station and all the others around me where on the map and everything was looking good . But the temp was frozen and never updated on the map unless you refreshed it .   Later on  ever time I refreshed my WU page certain station started disappearing . Now my station and 3/4 of the ones around me are gone again from the map .  I know my station working because the rapid fire is working great it's just the map and if other are looking at my area they will never see all the missing station .

I wrote WU as I have before but this time I haven't got any response from anyone there . I believe and I could be wrong this all started when someone there tried to fix the wind vanes on the map from looking like stick people running real fast and what ever they did fixed that but now station are only showing part time on the map . OH well cant wait to see what tomorrow will bring to the site !!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2020, 07:10:14 AM »
The disappearing stations is still occurring.

Stations are disappearing and then coming back repeatedly. As noted before they don't all reappear all at once and it takes several hours. What I've noticed also is that the order of reappearance is random as every time different stations show up before others.

Who is flying the plane?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 07:16:08 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2020, 12:02:00 PM »

Stations are disappearing and then coming back repeatedly. As noted before they don't all reappear all at once and it takes several hours. What I've noticed also is that the order of reappearance is random as every time different stations show up before others.

Who is flying the plane?
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Sorry I couldn't help myself  :shock: #-o #-o

Offline arbkab

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2020, 12:05:24 PM »

Who is flying the plane?

Wrongway Feldman

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2020, 01:02:51 PM »
Oveur, Unger...Unger, Dunne.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2020, 01:45:55 PM »

Who is flying the plane?
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Sorry I couldn't help myself  :shock: #-o #-o
Otto Pilot

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2020, 11:22:21 AM »
At this rate, WU might as well ditch the map entirely.  I have noticed that first thing in the morning additional stations show up like normal, but by mid morning nothing shows other than the circle for my own station rendering the map totally useless.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2020, 02:28:09 PM »
Seems every time there is some kind of storm coming the personal weather station get shut down Just my thought in Northeast Ohio....  :roll:
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2020, 02:48:43 PM »
I hope I don't jinks it but my station has been showing on the map for over 5 hours . And all the other stations around me are still on the map even when I have to refresh it . Maybe just maybe something clicked on again ?

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2020, 03:27:54 PM »
I hope I don't jinks it but my station has been showing on the map for over 5 hours . And all the other stations around me are still on the map even when I have to refresh it . Maybe just maybe something clicked on again ?
Tim Roche from WU stated 13 hours ago:

Stations disappearing off the wundermap should be resolved now. Apologies for the glitch, we had a system that was not functioning correctly, but also reporting that it was healthy. This was causing stations to fail our QC checks incorrectly. We are aware of this strange failure mode, and will work to get an alert set up to catch it in the future
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 03:46:04 PM by Weatheroger »

Offline ccc---

WU frequently shows my PWS as "offline"
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2020, 05:31:53 AM »
Hello folks!

I set up my PWS (Davis Vantage Pro2) in December 2019. On WU I frequently have problems showing the station as "offline" whereas it is definitely online - I can see that on WeatherLink for example. This is annoying. Contacted the WU support three times, but never got a reply ...

Anyone here with similar problems?

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: WU frequently shows my PWS as "offline"
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2020, 05:38:45 AM »
That's the tip of the iceberg. A few threads here about the chaos at WU. My camera has been MIA for months.

Offline ccc---

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2020, 05:44:51 AM »
"Funny" thing (just noticed): When I go to "My Profile" > "My Devices" on WU, it shows my PWS as "online". When I click on it it shows as "offline" and no data is displayed for the last two hours ...

Hopefully they will be able to get this straight soon.

Offline gwminor48

• Contributor
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2020, 07:05:30 AM »
I just noticed mine shows the same thing as yours this morning even though I see my info being sent to WU by my software Weather Display.
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display
Wunderground: KTXRICHA35
CWOP: FW4622
AWEKAS: 15385

Offline zroger73

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2020, 07:27:52 AM »
WeatherUnderground is a bad joke. Not only has their service become unreliable at best, but the various apps and websites all display different data in different formats. Also, the formats keep getting prettier, but less usable.