Weather Software > Other Weather Software

Watchdog Software?

(1/2) > >>

K6GKM:
I'm looking for a utility to monitor and manage uptime for my critical applications such as Weather Display and Weather Message.  I used to use StartWatch, but I don't believe it's being developed or supported anymore.  I've also heard folks talk about Tripp Lite's WatchDog software, but that's no longer available either.

Can anyone recommend a current software utility that could replace these tools?

Thanks,

BoDuke:
I have not personally used either of these Windows applications since I haven't had a need for them but they are two free options I found when I was looking for something to do that:

Restart on Crash
https://w-shadow.com/blog/2009/03/04/restart-on-crash/

ProcessAlive
https://singularlabs.com/forums/topic/processalive-automatically-restart-crashed-programs/

Hope this helps!

PaulMy:

Hi,

--- Quote ---I used to use StartWatch, but I don't believe it's being developed or supported anymore.
--- End quote ---
It still works...

Enjoy,
Paul

92merc:
I still use StartWatch.  Watches my WD and CumulusMX installs.  Don't think either of those two ever crash, but it StartWatch does keep them running.  Sometimes I forget to tell SW to stop monitoring during an update.  SW fires them right back up on me.

I use it to fire up a couple of other non-weather related programs.  Just like that I can delay them 10 minutes after startup.

K6GKM:

--- Quote from: PaulMy on February 28, 2023, 11:51:03 AM ---It still works...

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 92merc on February 28, 2023, 03:35:27 PM ---I still use StartWatch.  Watches my WD and CumulusMX installs.  Don't think either of those two ever crash, but it StartWatch does keep them running.  Sometimes I forget to tell SW to stop monitoring during an update.  SW fires them right back up on me.

I use it to fire up a couple of other non-weather related programs.  Just like that I can delay them 10 minutes after startup.

--- End quote ---

Ahh... I went searching the interwebs for StartWatch to download a fresh setup file the other day and couldn't find it.  Googled it just now and nearly tripped over the download link. :oops: I must be getting old.  We'll get StartWatch going again with the new install. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version