Author Topic: New Member Help WS-2080  (Read 2073 times)

Offline VaMArk

New Member Help WS-2080
« on: October 05, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »
I just received my WS-2080 yesterday, I unpacked everything and looked thru the manual. I put the batteries in the receiver and then put them in the outdoor unit. I did not hook up the rain or wind inputs and waited about a minute and then saw the "outdoor" temp and humidity displayed, all good or so I thought. I didn't have time to hook up the rain or wind so I just left it unplugged for the time being. I went thru the manual and set time, date, etc. and found a spot to mount the indoor unit, and set the outdoor unit on a table on the porch. The temp started dropping for the outdoor unit, I checked back in about 15 minutes and the outdoor temp and humidity was just showing dashes???? I took the batteries out of one unit at a time let them set for a minute or so and still no outdoor temp or humidity. I tried different batteries in both, still nothing. I let it set overnight, still nothing. I turned off computers, routers etc. still nothing. I brought it to work and tried it still nothing.
I can see the outdoor unit go thru it's sequence with the red LED flashing but still no outdoor temp or hum. I'm guessing I have a bad unit unless there is someway to do a factory default reset or something??
Any Ideas???

Thanks

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Re: New Member Help WS-2080
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 03:03:22 PM »
I know nothing about your weather station but I would suggest that you contact the customer support group for it. Since this is a brand new unit, I wouldn't fool around trying to fix it yourself. The customer support group should be able to at least identify if this is something that can be resolved on the phone. If not, ask for a replacement of the unit.

Best of luck and welcome the WXFORUM!

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline KC9Q

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:29:35 PM »
I hope I didn't answer this too late:  You have nothing wrong with your unit.  You need to install the batteries in the outdoor unit first, and then wait a minute or two and then install the batteries in the receiver console.  (That's the opposte of what you did.)  I use the WS-2090 unit which is the compact model of the WS-2080.

Mike

Climate is what we expect.  Weather is what we get.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 12:39:47 AM »
along with KC9Q's instruction, anytime later that you remove/replace the outside unit's batteries, you will need to pull and reinsert the inside console batteries also after a couple of minutes. The inside console needs this to re-establish the dropped link to the outside unit.

Offline VaMArk

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »
Thanks for the responses, I could get the unit to work sometimes but then it would stop communicating, must have some interference. I returned it to Amazon and bought a Davis 6250. I had it up and running in a short time, but it communicate on a different frequency.

anything