Author Topic: Memory  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Blackbird

Memory
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »
I have decided to disconnect my base station while at work,and then reconnect when I return uploading the data from the memory,however it seems that data is not being stored while at work the round dial is empty,when I press the memory section and get to the stage where it says clear memory the word memory does not flash but the round dial is black and does flash,when I press on clear the display goes back clear,but doing the process again the round dial is black again,this is starting to irritate me a lot and could soon end up in the bin. Again any help please

Blackbird ( tony) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Offline Blackbird

Re: Memory
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
Oh I forgot to say that I have done a factory reset by downloading software from the ambient web site,reset twice but still not recording to memory.
ARGH ARGH ARGH ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:15:36 PM »
Are you seeing the data coming in to the console from the outside sensors? If it's making it in to the console but not in the field accessed by pressing the memory section once then using the "+/-" keys I'd say there's a problem with that console.

Offline Blackbird

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 12:55:43 AM »
  when i look at the console data is coming in and being sent to wunderground via weather snoop,when connected to my imac with the supplied weather cable,however when i touch the memory icon i get like you say flashing + - in the tendency window upon pressing these no data changes upon pressing a third time the memory circle coloured  black  will flash with the word clear NOT flashing pressing clear it goes back to th begining of the cycle.
So when i disconnect to go to work the console should fill the memory circle up over time,but when i come home the memory is empty.  :?: :?: very frustrating.thanks for responding  dans.
thank you dans
                       regards blackbird (tony) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:11:23 AM »
You mention, "  i get flashing + - in the tendency window ". When you press the flashing " - " do you see archived data here? The manual states, "Select the – button to review historical data archived in the console."  You mention "no data changes".  The flashing " + " is supposed to advance through the archived data but I'm just curious if you can even see data with the  " - ".
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:07:37 AM by DanS »

Offline Blackbird

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
 Thank you for all your help,I have now sorted the problem,I got the wife to take the desktop receiver back to the shop from where I bought the weather station and they kindly exchanged the said item for a new one so hopefully problem solved.anyhow if I get any more problems the whole lot is going back for a cash refund and then I shall get a Davis vantage vue instead can't be bothered with all this farting around trying to get things working. :?: :?: 8-)