Author Topic: FOSHKplugin - brief introduction  (Read 40135 times)

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3xx0C
    • FOSHKplugin
Re: FOSHKplugin - brief introduction
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2024, 05:31:36 PM »
Hi!

I have just updated the public beta of FOSHKplugin v0.10 on the server.

New features include an optional calculation of the dew point for all (!) T/H sensors and the (optional) calculation of the spread (T-Td), which also collects daily minmax values.
The TAGFILE functionality has been revised, which now also allows more complex function blocks for modifying the values to be output.
The sending of user-defined push notifications has also been updated, making comparisons between different keys possible.
The first (?) Prometheus support has been implemented.
Finally all times (timestamps) can now also be output as text for getvalue queries.

BTW:
The TAGFILE function is particularly important to me - it provides the basis for customised websites or apps (!). I'm really excited about what's possible on Android - this page can be installed as a Android app!
Perhaps an Iphone user can check whether this page can be installed as a web app?

To upgrade:
I strongly recommend making a copy of the FOSHKplugin directory before upgrading. This way you have a fallback in case of unexpected problems.

Change via ssh to the directory in which FOSHKplugin is running - according to my recommendations, it could be /opt/FOSHKplugin.
If you run FOSHKplugin as root, you can do the following commands without sudo - if you run FOSHKplugin in a certain user context, the specification of that user would be important so that the permissions are correct:
Code: [Select]
sudo -u username ./generic-FOSHKplugin-install.sh -upgrade generic-FOSHKplugin-0.0.10Beta.zip
sudo -u username ./generic-FOSHKplugin-install.sh -repair

The "repair" is important this time, because FOSHKplugin has to install some packages via apt/pip.

If you just want to install as a separate installation you may download the file here and follow the usual installation process.

Please let me know if there're any problems or you need some explanations of the new functions. Most things should already be described on the website in topic "Version history".

Have fun!

Oliver

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #401 on: February 04, 2024, 05:44:02 PM »
Hi!

Now that I have learnt in the course of the investigations into Backup and Restore that Ecowitt distributes the sensor information on 2 separate pages due to the size, FOSHKplugin uses the http/JSON API for compatible consoles to provide the reception quality data.
These values can be collected in an InfluxDB, for example, and analysed graphically with Grafana. But this may also be helpful for BANNER and TAGFILE forwards.

Oliver

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2024, 01:26:29 PM »
Attention!
If you have activated the the processing signal quality data via Export\ADD_SIGNAL = True, please note this:
I have experienced twice here that the GW1100 does not respond correctly to an http query and FOSHKplugin then waits indefinitely for a response and stops any further work.
Of course, this is not the way it was intended!
I have already implemented a fix (timeout) - I just have to test it.
Until the release of the next beta (probably tomorrow), it is recommended to switch off this feature with an Export\ADD_SIGNAL = False in the config file.
Sorry!

Oliver

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2024, 01:31:52 PM »
Hi!

Although I cannot say with certainty that the bug with addSignalQuality has been fixed (it only happens sporadically that the GW1100 does not respond as expected and in my test run so far this has not happened afain), I have placed a new beta version of FOSHKplugin on the server.
If you urgently need ADD_SIGNAL, you should install this version. Otherwise you can wait for the next beta (or finally the release).
Update as usual:
sudo -u username ./generic-FOSHKplugin-install.sh -upgrade generic-FOSHKplugin-0.0.10Beta.zip

Have fun!

Oliver

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #404 on: March 03, 2024, 07:13:06 AM »
Hi!

Is this perhaps something you've been waiting for?
It's not in the public beta yet. But I can provide a test version if needed.
But most importantly:
Is the content of the function sufficiently explained and comprehensible?

Oliver

Provide additional data from third-party devices globally for weather services (script)

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #405 on: March 10, 2024, 06:23:35 PM »
Hi!

Is this text understandable and can it be used as a template for a recipe?

Additional spread calculation (dew point) for outdoor and indoor sensors
Ecowitt consoles only calculate the dew point for the outdoor temperature/humidity; the dew point is not calculated for any internal T/H sensors.
If you also want to set up dew point monitoring indoors - for example due to possible mould development - you can do this with FOSHKplugin.

For comparative analyses, however, the temperature valid at the respective time is required in addition to the dew point, which is a hindrance for subsequent analyses.
For this reason, FOSHKplugin calculates the so-called spread - the difference between the air temperature and the dew point temperature - instead of the dew point. The greater the spread, the lower the relative humidity and the lower the spread, the more humid the air.
If the spread is 0, the air temperature and dew point temperature are identical - the air is saturated and therefore cannot absorb any more moisture - the moisture is deposited on surfaces.
The spread value is therefore already the result of the comparison of temperature and dew point.

With the configuration option (this optional calculation is deactivated by default)

Export\ADD_SPREAD = True

in foshkplugin.conf, the additional calculation of the spread can be activated for the outdoor sensor as well as for all WH31 and WH45/46.

FOSHKplugin uses the following keys for the respective dew point difference:

outdoor: spread
indoor: spreadin
WH31: spreadN (where N = 1..8)
WH45: spread_co2

These keys are part of the (daily) CSV and are transmitted via UDP and in banner, tag file (example), MQTT and InfluxDB forwards when ADD_SPREAD is activated. The values can also be retrieved via http and used as triggers for user-defined push notifications via pushover.
For all other forward types, these keys are in a blacklist and are NOT transmitted automatically.
If you want to switch off this blacklist for a specific forward in Ecowitt format, you can do this by setting the line

FWD_OPTION = blacklist=False

within this forward section in the configuration file foshkplugin.conf. A separate block could be used to display these values in the PWS dashboard, for example.

This function is available with FOSHKplugin v0.10 from beta 240308.

Is this function interesting for you?

Regards, Oliver

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #406 on: March 26, 2024, 06:10:50 AM »
Hi!

There are various ways of integrating data from an Ecowitt weather station into Home Assistant.

The easiest way to do this is via the Ecowitt integration contained in the core of HA. This provides most of the keys of the current Ecowitt weather stations.
However, the additional keys generated by FOSHKplugin are of course not processed and therefore do not end up in HA.

With the current beta version v0.10 of FOSHKplugin there is a much better support of Home Assistant based on the MQTT protocol. See also the corresponding recipe.

Update as usual:

I look forward to feedback and suggestions for improvement.

Have fun!

Oliver

Offline Khurram

« Reply #407 on: April 16, 2024, 02:12:44 PM »
I have an Ambient Weather 2902C console and an Ecowitt GW1000 on my network. I have configured foshkplugin to get the weather data and I store it in an influxdb database using a nodered flow. I get the values through http://<ip address>:8081/JSON link in the nodered flow. Looking at the data returned from the link, I see the following 2 formats:

{"stationtype":"AMBWeatherV4.3.4", .....}and
{"PASSKEY":"xxxxx","stationtype":"GW1000B_V1.7.5", .....}The ambient data does not include values for rainratemm and yearlyrainmm; the ecowitt data includes both. Mostly the data is in the 1st format but randomly switches to the 2nd format. I would like it to get the 2nd format data. I have changed the ip address in the conf file to the GW1000 but it makes no difference. How can I force foshkplugin to get its data from the GW1000? I am using version 0.0.10Beta.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 02:14:26 PM by Khurram »

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2024, 05:04:49 PM »
Hi!

I'm not quite sure what you're actually doing.
It looks like both consoles (i.e. the WS2902C and the GW1000) are sending to FOSHKplugin in parallel.
Is that your goal?
If not, you would have to deactivate the custom server setting on the 2902.

With the JSON query, you always receive the last data set sent in - regardless of which console.

I cannot say why you are missing the two rain values from the 2902. In which format does the 2902 send? WU or Ambient Weather? Please send me the two JSON outputs by PM. Please also send me the corresponding part of the snd-foshkplugin.log.

BTW:
Why do you supply the InfluxDB via Nodered and not directly via FOSHKplugin?

Oliver

Offline Khurram

« Reply #409 on: April 17, 2024, 01:49:40 PM »
I'm not quite sure what you're actually doing.
It looks like both consoles (i.e. the WS2902C and the GW1000) are sending to FOSHKplugin in parallel.
Is that your goal?
If not, you would have to deactivate the custom server setting on the 2902.
Oh, that might be the problem. Unfortunately, I am not at the location so I cannot change the 2902C settings. I will do so when I visit the site in the next few weeks.

BTW:
Why do you supply the InfluxDB via Nodered and not directly via FOSHKplugin?
I have been using the nodered flow much before I started using FOSHKplugin. I didn't change the flow other than the initial http node when I started using the FOSHKplugin :)

Thanks