Author Topic: IP camera for interior use that can FTP images on a timed basis  (Read 1328 times)

Offline justinhow

• Dumfries Weather
Can anyone point me to an IP camera/webcam that can FTP images at 1080 to an FTP Server on a timed basis e.g. 1 image every 60 seconds etc. Even better if someone has made a list of webcams somwhere that can do this. It needs to be a standalone unit as it will not be attached to a PC etc.
It seems difficult to glean from manuals whether a model can do this - now we are in the age of the cloud etc. It is so I can post to my weather website.
Just for interior use (sited at a window) so does not need weather proofing and hoping to spend no more than $100/£80 max (actually based in UK).
FYI I currently use an Amcrest webcam but it is rather old and the image is not very good.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2, Weather Display, meteotemplate 14

Offline WpgWeather

Re: IP camera for interior use that can FTP images on a timed basis
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 07:28:08 PM »
Hi, did you have any luck finding a suitable camera? I am looking for the same kind of camera and it is difficult to search for these parameters (on a site like Aliexpress for example). Thanks.

Offline justinhow

• Dumfries Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 08:13:45 PM »
In the end I went down a different route.
For my general CCTV I am use BlueIris softyware and have connected 5 x TP-Link IP cameras into it (C210 mainly).
For my weather website I use an Amcrest IP2M-841 (still available) which does allow it to send pics at various intervals (I use 1 min) up to an FTP site. The flexibilty it gives is not available in many IP cameras although I think the BlueIris software would allow you to do this as well.
Hope that helps.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2, Weather Display, meteotemplate 14

Offline WpgWeather

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 04:16:13 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Offline WpgWeather

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 06:51:58 PM »
I see that the Amcrest IP2M-841 is PTZ. Are you able to program the position to move throughout the day on a schedule by chance? Thanks.

Offline shimon

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 08:05:46 PM »
FYI, the Reolink cameras (such as wireless RLC-810WA or POE RLC-811A can do this.  You can set up FTP to upload on alarm or on a timer and 1min is an option.  They are nice cams with configurable software through mobile app, computer app or web server.  No subscriptions required and can also store on microSD.  Lots of models to chose from.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 08:29:52 PM »
Yes, the Reolink works well, you can ftp and overwrite images under 60 seconds should you want using the Reolink software. I have the website with the main thermometer using a different weather software but decided to also send the COOP thermometer info every 60 seconds and the Reolink fits the bill.

Here is the website camera link: https://www.valentinenebraska.net/camera.php
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 08:33:13 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline Dador

• Jejkowice
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 02:59:00 AM »
Also, thank you for this information about Reolink cameras. The function of directly sending images to FTP, bypassing computer programs, is certainly very useful in weather viewing.

I have an additional question for Reolink users. Is it possible to place a field with the date and time on the image, possibly an additional field with a title or a short description?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 03:01:03 AM by Dador »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 05:55:02 AM »
Yes, the Reolink software allows a time stamp and short camera description. You can select the time format you want.
The camera link above shows the stamp on the 3 cameras setup to ftp for the website.

RCL511WA are the models, being used here, even work well below zero during the winter months.
Randy

anything