Author Topic: WFL v1 and WeatherLink app problem  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Dador

• Jejkowice
WFL v1 and WeatherLink app problem
« on: August 27, 2023, 06:35:32 AM »
I've had a problem with the Weatherlink mobile app for about 2 days now. Lows and highs do not work, charts and daily, monthly and yearly records are missing. In addition, I noticed that the THSW index does not change in the bulletin, i'ts freezy.
I thought it might be CMX fault but I checked and it has no effect.

I have
WFL v1
WeatherLink app 2.3.0 (511)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 06:38:59 AM by Dador »

Offline Dador

• Jejkowice
Re: WFL v1 and WeatherLink app problem
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 01:46:59 PM »
Davis removed the failure.

Subject to be deleted.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 03:46:42 PM »
weatherlink.com reliability in general is pretty good, but like all online systems there are occasional glitches that sometimes take a day or two to fix, especially over weekends/holidays.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Dador

• Jejkowice
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 03:28:17 AM »
weatherlink.com reliability in general is pretty good, but like all online systems there are occasional glitches that sometimes take a day or two to fix, especially over weekends/holidays.

Ok, but it was a weird crash.
WLIP/WLL/new console loggers worked fine in app. However, the WLUSB/WLSerial/WFL (pretends to be wlusb), did not work as it turned out. That's why I initially thought it was a problem with the WFL failing to keep up with some change made by Davis.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023, 03:36:02 PM »
Ok, but it was a weird crash.
WLIP/WLL/new console loggers worked fine in app. However, the WLUSB/WLSerial/WFL (pretends to be wlusb), did not work as it turned out. That's why I initially thought it was a problem with the WFL failing to keep up with some change made by Davis.

Yes, I understand. But remember that data from different classes of logger are handled by different input processes and, potentially, different servers. If you look at:

http://status.weatherlink.com/

Then I think this is probably the same issue that has affected you. See how it affects some loggers and not others. And indeed only a percentage of loggers of a particular type.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 04:09:12 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything