Author Topic: Weather34 template(non meteobridge versions)  (Read 117922 times)

Offline Giggino

Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION Dashboard template
« Reply #625 on: October 22, 2018, 09:36:52 AM »
Hello, I downloaded this template at the following address: https://www.linksysinfo.org/weather34/CU.zip (last version for Cumulus), I then uploaded all the files to the following web address: http: //lastazionedelporto.altervista.org. I do not have the Meteobridge and I'm trying to publish my weather station data using only Cumulus. I did not understand what other files I need to upload to my site's directory to allow Cumulus to update the data (realtime.txt? .. or something else?). Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Offline taylormia

• Merrifield Village
« Reply #626 on: October 22, 2018, 10:26:04 AM »
My experience is with weeWX on Linux - not Cumulus. But, both the Cumulus and weeWX templates use the realtime.txt file. So, you have to make the realtime.txt file available to the template and specify that location as a file path or URL in the easyweathersetup configuration page (see below). How you make the realtime.txt file available to the template depends on your setup. In my write up I show how to mount the directory containing the realtime.txt file on the webserver using NFS.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:38:40 AM by taylormia »
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 24hr FARS
Software: weeWX

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #627 on: October 22, 2018, 10:42:21 AM »
My settings for Cumulus realtime.txt is ../weather/realtime.txt where both /weather and the HomeWeather /pws folders are in my public_html/ root.
www.komokaweather.com/pws

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Giggino

« Reply #628 on: October 22, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »
Thanks to both for the answers, after putting a file that I called realtime.txt in the public directory of the site, in my web page are shown the data sent by Cumulus but disappears all the graphics of the template, the home page is shown me only a blank page with the data sent by Cumulus listed.
For Paolo: in the template I downloaded, there is no folder called 'weather' or 'home weather', while there is a folder called 'demodata' in which there is already a file called realtime.txt. I uploaded all the template files in my public_html / root but I did not create a PWS folder because I thought it was only necessary for those using a 'Meteobridge' device.

Offline nitrx

• Senior Contributor
    • Apeldoorn-Oost The Netherlands
« Reply #629 on: October 22, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
Thanks to both for the answers, after putting a file that I called realtime.txt in the public directory of the site, in my web page are shown the data sent by Cumulus but disappears all the graphics of the template, the home page is shown me only a blank page with the data sent by Cumulus listed.
For Paolo: in the template I downloaded, there is no folder called 'weather' or 'home weather', while there is a folder called 'demodata' in which there is already a file called realtime.txt. I uploaded all the template files in my public_html / root but I did not create a PWS folder because I thought it was only necessary for those using a 'Meteobridge' device.

You must create a separate directory ( by expample /pws ) in the eayweathersetup you can use the fullpath to reatime.txt by example http://yourdomain.com/reatime.txt I see you have a freehost most of them dont alllow ftp-ing .txt files are you sure your realtime.txt is up to date (I couldnt find a realtime.txt file on your domain http://lastazionedelporto.altervista.org/realtime.txt gives a 404 error not found
Ron
Cumulus software
Apeldoorn NL
http://www.apeldoornmeteo.nl

several languages

Offline Giggino

« Reply #630 on: October 22, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »
Thanks Nitrx, what do you mean by separate directory? In my public directory there are no other files besides the template, do I still have to create a PWS folder in which to include all the template files? What do you mean by realtime.txt file updated? Cumulus updates it regularly and I can see the new data updated every minute but at the address http://lastazionedelporto.altervista.org I see them listed on a blank page, if instead I go to http://lastazionedelporto.altervista.org/index.php correctly display the template page with the updated data. The file realtime.txt I put in the folder demodata because in that position there was already one with test data, I deleted that and I created a new file realtime.txt in the same position.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #631 on: October 22, 2018, 12:10:11 PM »
If http://lastazionedelporto.altervista.org/demodata/realtime.txt is your live realtime.txt updated by Cumulus then in the HomeWeather settings use the path of ../demodata/realtime.txt

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Giggino

« Reply #632 on: October 22, 2018, 12:22:39 PM »
Thanks Paul, the path inserted in HomeWeather is correct but I can correctly view the web page with the template and the updated data only at http://lastazionedelporto.altervista.org/index.php if I do not write also /index.php in the address bar of the browser I get out a blank page with the list of data transmitted by Cumulus! ... does not seem a normal thing.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #633 on: October 22, 2018, 12:30:27 PM »
Yes, I noticed that the standard Cumulus index.htm shows.  If you don't need index file for any other purpose then delete index.htm so only have index.php and it should start with just http://lastazionedelporto.altervista.org
You may need to turn off uploading of Cumulus standard template files to avoid it showing up again and taking priority over index.php
Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Giggino

« Reply #634 on: October 22, 2018, 12:40:41 PM »
I did as you said .... perfectly solved problem! Thank you so much .... now I have to fix two little things, the forecast section and current conditions are always offline, in the template settings I provided the required API keys ... but today has always been offline.
Then in the template settings it is allowed to vary the information provided in the two small panels at the top, this works but the title of the box remains the same, so it is not appropriate with respect to the information present.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #635 on: October 22, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »
It is a while since I last did a new setup.  I think it can take a while (more than a few minutes) for the current and forecast to show.  I see sometimes mine is missing and either with a page refresh or wait a while it comes back.  I presume you have the API correct for WU, Darksky and checkWX

On the top items, make sure the Position item and the Position Title match.  You can add others as options listed below in the settings, and you can edit the Position title to your liking.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Giggino

« Reply #636 on: October 22, 2018, 01:39:21 PM »
I corrected the articles at the top, for the forecasts I got the API of Darksky and checkWX, but from this morning never worked, I think there is some problem, I will record the station also on WU, so Cumulus can send the data there, I still another problem with charts that are not drawn

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #637 on: October 22, 2018, 04:12:05 PM »
It may have changed, but WU was needed for the charts historical data.  I have a couple of older versions (tests) that used MySQL database data for charts so WU then not needed.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Giggino

« Reply #638 on: October 23, 2018, 02:55:44 PM »
My station from this morning is online on WU, but the graphs in the HomeWeatherStation template do not appear yet, the Darksky and checkWX predictions do not work yet.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #639 on: October 23, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »
For the charts, possibly you could use another WU ID for testing and see if the charts then show up
.[color=rgba(236, 87, 27, 1.000)]  options [/color]  STATION ID  for PWS Historical Charts      enter your weather underground station id example in capitals ISTANBUL161
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:18:19 PM by PaulMy »

Offline Giggino

« Reply #640 on: October 23, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
Great idea ... I'll try

Offline Giggino

« Reply #641 on: October 28, 2018, 11:42:27 AM »
I still can not see the forecasts (Darksky and checkWX do not work) and the graphics do not work (I also tried with another WU account), I was thinking of making a new file upload and a new setup

Offline nitrx

• Senior Contributor
    • Apeldoorn-Oost The Netherlands
« Reply #642 on: October 28, 2018, 11:52:00 AM »
As you use altervista.org read this on https://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/WXwebsite.php

I have tried altervista.org free hosting and the scripts/template work there IF you change the PHP settings to allow fconnect()/cURL to any external destination -- if you don't do this step then the forecast (weather and UV) and alerts will not work. Depending on your number of site visitors, you may need to pay to extend your traffic alottment of 10Gb/month.

Maybe you have this issue?

Ron
Cumulus software
Apeldoorn NL
http://www.apeldoornmeteo.nl

several languages

Offline Giggino

« Reply #643 on: October 28, 2018, 12:08:28 PM »
I solved with the graphs and now the forecasts are working, thanks to Nitrx for reporting
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:39:09 PM by Giggino »

Offline Giggino

« Reply #644 on: November 05, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »
How many cameras can you insert in this template?

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #645 on: November 20, 2018, 02:41:48 PM »
I just cannot stop laughing... sorry... its just unbelievable... how many times did he do this in the 3yr history of his template? Give it a few weeks...

Yes I also have much less time now, but I dont delete stuff and dont grouch about it all the time

Been away for long time due to illness, and what is the first thing I read...you still bitching about him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr
http://www.danmaach.dk

Offline espinosa

• Espinosa de Henares
« Reply #646 on: December 27, 2018, 09:25:08 PM »
couldnt get tables inserted into database from running /createdb.php

Access Denied

Using chartswu

Got tired of trying diff database names, etc. Upsetting it is  ](*,)

Ordered Soil Temp probes and moisture sensors for my Davis, any way to show those sensors within template?

mchd17

as mentioned above about the mysql .. as for soil etc just let me know when you have it installed and which sensor you assign it as in meteobridge i will create a new top module , ive done a few over the last few months but i need to know which sensor output from meteobridge it gets assigned .

have a nice day...brian

Hi,

Are you still willing to develop a Vantage Pro2 soil moisture/temperature module? I would be happy to provide you with as much information as you need, for those of us involved in agriculture this is key information.

Thank you very much,

espinosa

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #647 on: December 29, 2018, 07:10:13 AM »
couldnt get tables inserted into database from running /createdb.php

Access Denied

Using chartswu

Got tired of trying diff database names, etc. Upsetting it is  ](*,)

Ordered Soil Temp probes and moisture sensors for my Davis, any way to show those sensors within template?

mchd17

as mentioned above about the mysql .. as for soil etc just let me know when you have it installed and which sensor you assign it as in meteobridge i will create a new top module , ive done a few over the last few months but i need to know which sensor output from meteobridge it gets assigned .

have a nice day...brian

Hi,

Are you still willing to develop a Vantage Pro2 soil moisture/temperature module? I would be happy to provide you with as much information as you need, for those of us involved in agriculture this is key information.

Thank you very much,

espinosa

good afternoon

if you are running meteobridge no problem only versions i work on these days .if you are you using weather display i would contact wim as he has taken over that version and it is hoped he will have something ready in the near future..

all other versions pretty much finished only cumulus gets minor updates where css ideas for meteobridge work without any additional adjustments as cumulus version data file realtime.txt never changes.

sorry i dont do one offs anymore,all or any additions has to be available in the meteobridge api source which i would need to liase with boris of meteobridge beforehand to have the extra data added to the api .

ps from post above earlier erik hope you are well sorry to hear of ilnness hope you are recovering well and this season is liverpools for the taking but christmas period is the make or break period most teams top of the league after this period have gone on to,win the league in recent times however ....take care brian

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
« Reply #648 on: December 30, 2018, 05:40:56 PM »
ps from post above earlier erik hope you are well sorry to hear of ilnness hope you are recovering well and this season is liverpools for the taking but christmas period is the make or break period most teams top of the league after this period have gone on to,win the league in recent times however ....take care brian

Brian, thanks :-)
Mean’s a lot, I’m ok now
8 games in december
8 wins
23 goals scored
3 goals against
Hopefully this is the season
LFC4E
Take care and say hi to the wife

Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr
http://www.danmaach.dk

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #649 on: December 31, 2018, 02:08:24 AM »

Brian, thanks :-)
Mean’s a lot, I’m ok now
8 games in december
8 wins
23 goals scored
3 goals against
Hopefully this is the season
LFC4E
Take care and say hi to the wife

no problem erik glad your on your feet again
 2018 is a year i want to forget quickly lots of personal disruption mostly around our property , started after a fire at our neighbours property which spread to our roof top and pretty much burnt 75% of our roof and right at the start of the flash flood and storm season spent pretty much the most of june,july emptying buckets every other night and no fun watching sparks/water come out the electric sockets and light sockets and not to mention the loss of furniture etc due to water ..eventually was repaired/replaced after the insurance bureaucracy got sorted.

my weather station and other home white goods were destroyed after a direct hit in a storm in September and we wanted to move in late October early November but the rhetoric of trade wars affected our local currency and weakened the lira quite badly and made it unviable to go ahead so now thankfully its recovering and looking to purchase early spring and move on to a calmer life .

on the weather station front i bought a new Davis VP2 (outrageous import duty as you can guess trade war rhetoric based on US imports tit for tat but consumer suffers ultimately) and then found a solar radiation sensor for $95 which was brought back for me so no import tax etc.. Really don't know why i didn't keep one of these Davis VP2 a couple years ago i went with a WMR300 which was cheaper but ultimately in the long run cost more .. Davis hardware may be looking dated on the console front but quality and reliability there is nothing in comparison anyone who says to me ambient,fine offset etc needs to look a bit closer on why they cost more..

as for football Besiktas who i follow with a passion sold most of there top players end of last season(knock on effect of trade war rhetoric) and this year has been awful in fact so bad i have seen only one game this season .

so there you go my viking friend :-)

so onto 2019 and take the opportunity to wish you and your family a prosperous new year ...brian