Author Topic: Retransmit console to console... and then back again?  (Read 293 times)

Offline rayman

Retransmit console to console... and then back again?
« on: November 29, 2019, 12:38:14 PM »
Hi,

Question before I go do something goofy... I've got my Vantage Pro 2 console wall mounted next to my desk, which is near a nice size window.  I really prefer to have it there since it looks nice and it's near all the computer stuff, including the laptop running WeeWx.  But the inside temperature ratings aren't good.  It's mounted on an exterior wall, over a baseboard heating line, and the computer equipment also generates heat.

I also have a Vantage Vue console from my previous setup that we keep in our foyer area.  I am using the Vantage Pro2 console to re-transmit to the Vantage Vue console.  The Vue console has much better indoor temperature readings.  Can I enable re-transmit mode on the Vantage Vue console and add it back to my Pro2 console as an additional "TEMP HUM" type temperature sensor?  It seems like this should work, but it also creates kind of a loop.

Thanks

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Retransmit console to console... and then back again?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 02:43:57 PM »
Pretty sure that console inside temp/hum/pressure readings are not available for retransmit messages.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline rayman

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 03:53:31 PM »
Hmm, I just stumbled across this.  I wonder there is a similar option, or if there is otherwise a way to get a wired temperature probe running into a wireless Pro2 console?

https://www.davisinstruments.com/product_documents/weather/app_notes/93004_317_apnote_17.pdf

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »
If you had a wireless Envoy console then yes you could do it - the Envoy has a socket for an external temp sensor. But otherwise sorry no, there's no easy way of doing it. (I say easy because the inside T/H obviously has its own sensor on the console circuit board, so in theory you could do some surgery on the PCBA and substitute a lead out to a compatible sensor on the outside.) But other than that...
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.