Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184168 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1050 on: November 18, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »
I spent the last hour manually pushing the missing data elements via updateweatherstation.php. However in doing so, it refuses to load 10 data points between 2018-11-18 0520 PST and 2018-11-18 0655 PST.

You can't load data into the future.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1051 on: November 18, 2018, 03:21:00 PM »
I spent the last hour manually pushing the missing data elements via updateweatherstation.php. However in doing so, it refuses to load 10 data points between 2018-11-18 0520 PST and 2018-11-18 0655 PST.

You can't load data into the future.
Not future...gap is in this morning's data and I can't get to load.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1052 on: November 18, 2018, 03:25:43 PM »
My bad. I saw the PST and for some reason thought it was PM and therefore I thought your date was wrong.
Tele-Pole

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1053 on: November 19, 2018, 11:06:11 AM »
My bad. I saw the PST and for some reason thought it was PM and therefore I thought your date was wrong.
Hours of searching later...I found a WXForum thread by you that broke the ice (http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35181.0). All I needed to do was append the "&action=updateraw" to the html string. Back in business, well at least the data is sorted, I'm still "rankless in seattle". Cheers!

Offline WunderTodd (PWS PM)

• Here to listen
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1054 on: November 20, 2018, 01:11:04 AM »
I just scrubbed through your chart for 2018-11-18 between 0520 and 0655 and it looks populated.
Send me a PM with specifics on where you still need help.

--WuT

ATTENTION WU FIXERS: If you are still in the game...I've got an issue. I haven't any confidence in using support@ so I'll try here. At some point over the night, I lost over 820 data points in my chart details  :shock: starting at 10:31 PST on 11/15. In addition, my station was transitioned to "Off Line"  :roll:.  I am absolutely certain the data was there, as I pay close attention to my station reporting status and would clearly catch an error of that magnitude. I spent the last hour manually pushing the missing data elements via updateweatherstation.php. However in doing so, it refuses to load 10 data points between 2018-11-18 0520 PST and 2018-11-18 0655 PST. I would like to get that sorted with your help. Naturally while doing this little dance my station status has been nullified  ](*,).

Oh, and the Station Status details are MIA as well  #-o  ](*,)

KWAREDMO131

Offline WeatherBuff2

• White River/Eureka Springs AR.
« Reply #1055 on: November 21, 2018, 06:37:10 PM »
I have been having issues viewing my Wunderground page. I can view the other locations in my area but mine seems to go in and out. I have used three different browsers with the same results. I have checked my Meteobridge and confirmed that the data is going out. Could you look at your end and see if something is malfunctioning?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:46:59 PM by WeatherBuff2 »
Vantage Wireless Pro2 Plus Wireless                  
Meteobridge Pro                                         
Two 6510 Data Loggers
Two 6312 consoles
Rain Bucket Heater
1 extra Temperature Sensor for the White River
Virtual Weather Station Pro v.15 for display on second computer monitor.

MADIS ID. F3924
CWOP ID: FW3924
WU ID: KAREUREK16                                        Eureka Springs Arkansas
Jack Williamson

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1056 on: November 21, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
I have been having issues viewing my Wunderground page. <snip>
You are not alone. Another user @KILELGIN39 reported the same issue on the Trello ticket system. If WunderTodd (project manager for the re-design) doesn’t pick this up, you might try sending him a PM.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1057 on: November 21, 2018, 09:01:29 PM »
I have been having issues viewing my Wunderground page. <snip>
You are not alone. Another user @KILELGIN39 reported the same issue on the Trello ticket system. If WunderTodd (project manager for the re-design) doesn’t pick this up, you might try sending him a PM.

See my post 1049. Same issue. Maybe an Illinois thing?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 08:59:10 AM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1058 on: November 21, 2018, 09:09:38 PM »
See my post 1059. Same issue. Maybe an Illinois thing?
Only if Arkansas and Illinois are sharing the same server?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1059 on: November 22, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
Patience is a virtue!  My webcam is back on http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IONTARIO226 Thank you WU  =D&gt; and a Happy Thanksgiving!

The Bloomsky has been fine most of the time http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IONTARIO1189

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #1060 on: November 22, 2018, 02:43:35 PM »
My WU page for KCAFALLB91 shows current conditions blank even though by all accounts it is reporting as normal. This has been happening for over a week. AS per the other thread, others are having the same problem. Please advise.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAFALLB91#history

Thank you.

Offline clavius

« Reply #1061 on: November 22, 2018, 05:42:10 PM »
Same for me... all data on my site is blank.  On a plus side, the webcam is working. :shock:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAESCON201#history
Raspberry Pi3 DIY
Weather Underground Station ID: KCAESCON201

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1062 on: November 22, 2018, 06:08:13 PM »
From the WU support page:

Why do I get a "No Data Available" message when I look at a PWS dashboard page?
Last updated 9:15PM PT, November 19 2018:

What is the issue?
Some users have reported PWS dashboard pages not loading data and receiving a 'Data Not Available' message at the bottom of the page.

When is it expected to be fixed?
We do not yet have an estimate on when this issue will be fixed.

What can I do in the meantime to get around this?
Sometimes, trying another browser, or opening a private/incognito window on your current browser, will alleviate the issue.

Please check back here for updates.  We apologize for the inconvenience!

https://feedback.weather.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2961663-why-do-i-get-a-%22no-data-available%22-message-when-i-look-at-a-pws-dashboard-page-?b_id=17298

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 06:10:01 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1063 on: November 23, 2018, 03:55:59 PM »
From the WU support page:

Why do I get a "No Data Available" message when I look at a PWS dashboard page?
Last updated 9:15PM PT, November 19 2018:
...<snip>

Considering this thread alone has over 1,050 posts, does it seem odd that Weather.com only has 3 "known issues". Are we posting to the wrong page?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline WXgeek

« Reply #1064 on: November 24, 2018, 03:40:27 PM »
Apparently I spoke too soon (see my earlier post number 1045). The Goldstar concept still needs work.  ](*,) The goldstar status was removed from one of my two personal weather stations. My stations are both VP2s, about 20 feet apart on the same fence, with essentially identical readings and even share the same anemometer. WU removed the Goldstar status from my newer station (about 6 months old) ybut not the station that has been there for years.

Update, November 21, 2018–it is worse. When looking at my PWS dashboard page (KILWHEAT36) there is no data at all, let alone a Goldstar. What you see is a “No Data Available" message. Apparently, this is a known WU issue for certain PWSs. I have heard the expression two steps foward three steps backward, but this is like two steps forward and ten steps backwards!  :evil:
I have the same issue! what is worse I dropped 100 dollars so i could upload data every min to WU from the Davis instruments cloud! all I get is no data reported with 3 different browsers on both mac and PC. not happy KTNNASHV277 check my station out if you get a chance.

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #1065 on: November 24, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »
I am starting to think that WU is crumbling. They keep saying changes and improvements coming, but all I see is more and more decline in even the most basic functions of the service like station reporting. This is very sad. Unfortunately my Ambient IP system is locked to WU and I would have to purchase additional equipment to report somewhere else besides WU & PWSweather. I was so excited when I got my PWS, created my account on WU, and saw may station represented on the map. Now it's just a new problem every week it seems.

BTW, my station is still showing no data going on a week now.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCAFALLB91#history
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:58:17 PM by WheelinDealin »

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1066 on: November 24, 2018, 10:04:17 PM »
The Empty Data Issue: Many are experiencing this issue. IMHO, it might be a good idea for the WU FIXERS to reach out to their community and have them 'beta test' the various 'pushes' of new functionality. I honestly believe the team is trying to do right by the task they are presented, but they are understaffed to perform proper testing. I hope this all works out. The original founders of WU would be pretty sad (if they don't already know) to see what has become of their labor of love.

Offline Smokeyrn

« Reply #1067 on: November 25, 2018, 01:25:56 AM »
I, like so many others, have the same no data issue.  Or the no information showing on the page issue.  At least the webcam is working.  Nothing else is though.  In order to rule out some things (like cache) I tried logging on from seven different computers using four different browsers on each computer.  Prior to opening a new browser I would clear ALL caches and stop any malware or virus software.  The same thing occurs in all these cases.  Hence on 28 different log ons there was ZERO information received from WU.
Going over to WunderMap and locating my station (KMTBELGR45) and clicking on it the very limited information that is shown is correct.  Once you click on the link(s) to look at the station, it gives you the blank page.  My CWOP updates have been golden with no data loss or drops.  So it is evident that the data is going out there.
Having been on Wunderground for almost 15 years, it is very, very sad to see what is happening. I would have thought that one of the largest computer companies in the world would have the capability to make something that has worked so well for years and years continue to work.  Unfortunately it appears as if they have taken up the Microsoft motto; "If it isn't broken, upgrade it until it is!"
I also think that they have pretty much given up on the Trello page.  You can tell since the last "section" was "SUBMIT BUG REPORTS June/July 2018".
So it appears as if the Wunderground that we once knew and loved and supported has decided that we no longer deserve their support.  Sad, sad day.

Offline Dartman

• Village Idiot
« Reply #1068 on: November 25, 2018, 01:53:16 AM »
My station is doing the no data thing as well even though it is reporting fine to the regular map. Many of the other stations in my area are doing the same and I have tried several browsers and private mode on Android and PC.
Been like this for at least a week now, pretty frustrating, hopefully they are actually working on it.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #1069 on: November 25, 2018, 10:37:57 AM »
Sorry to hear about all these troubles.  I have 3 stations reporting on WU and they are all showing fine.  I am a happy WU user.

Hope you get your issues resolved so you can enjoy,
Paul

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1070 on: November 25, 2018, 11:09:46 AM »
To those having problems, have you tried a new WU station ID to see if there is a problem with your weather station upload? Don't delete the existing station ID. Just create a test station ID. The fact that you may be uploading successfully somewhere else (CWOP, PWSweather... etc.) proves nothing (other than your Internet and hardware sensors are good). You need to test if for some reason your hardware/software version combination is a factor with WU, because the problem could be that WU has made changes that affect your particular setup. Let us know if you have problems what your setup is... hardware and software versions. Maybe there is a trend.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:13:38 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1071 on: November 25, 2018, 12:11:25 PM »
To those having problems, have you tried a new WU station ID to see if there is a problem with your weather station upload? Don't delete the existing station ID. Just create a test station ID. The fact that you may be uploading successfully somewhere else (CWOP, PWSweather... etc.) proves nothing (other than your Internet and hardware sensors are good). You need to test if for some reason your hardware/software version combination is a factor with WU, because the problem could be that WU has made changes that affect your particular setup. Let us know if you have problems what your setup is... hardware and software versions. Maybe there is a trend.

I don’t think changing your station ID will remedy this issue. My station that is having this issue sends my data from WU to WeatherMate and it displays perfectly there. I see my station ID and all of its data that WeatherMate has chosen to display. In other words, WU is getting my data it just isn’t being displayed like it used to. It is also listed on a WU page showing nearby stations and it has all the correct data too. It is apparently just this single page on WU, so one might expect this problem easily fixable...

It appears WU has a serious, but hopefully short-lived, issue. It is affecting many WU users so hopefully IBM is getting the right people to fix this issue.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:54:25 PM by WheatonRon »

Offline WheelinDealin

« Reply #1072 on: November 25, 2018, 12:54:13 PM »
The above poster is correct. WU is getting the data. This can be confirmed because my station shows on the larger WU map, even though it's page's data is blank. I even spoke with a tech at Ambient who confirmed the problem is with WU. This problem is not affecting everybody, but enough people to have a impact. Considering how many affected stations I can actually see in my area, I assume the problem is quite widespread.  Posts saying "Mine works great, I'm so happy" is not really helpful.  WU is aware of the problem as per their help screen. It's just a matter of if or when it will be fixed.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:02:57 PM by WheelinDealin »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #1073 on: November 25, 2018, 01:54:47 PM »
I thought I saw a possible solution posted by WU somewhere. It may have been on another forum I can't find the link however.
Don't they have an active area they post unlike here?
Randy

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #1074 on: November 25, 2018, 09:36:43 PM »
My station is one of those not showing data but, surprise, surprise ](*,) I now have a gold star.