Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 185507 times)

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2018, 11:39:16 AM »
Try RapidFire. It's actually what we focused on most in the last day.

That’s probabaly the difference. The two folks above without loss look like they are on RapidFire. I’m not. I’ll look into that but since I have an Acurite, I can’t just flip it on in WeeWX without some type of caching (or a new weather station)!

It is still usable as it is and wunderfixer patches things up.

Does the rapidfire=True in the .conf file not work for your system?

[[Wunderground]]

WeeWX can send your current data to the Weather Underground. If you wish to do this, set the option enable to true, then set the options station and password appropriately. When you are done, it will look something like

[StdRestful]
    [[Wunderground]]
        enable = true
        station = KCASANFRA11
        password = XXX
        rapidfire = False

http://www.weewx.com/docs/usersguide.htm#[StdRESTful]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:00:47 PM by konz »

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »
All due respect, but none of that means much if the website remains so chronically broken.  Unless the point is to just sell the data, which is pretty much what it looks like.

When are you going to get the basic functionality of the website working?  It's been a hot mess for months now.

Can you be a little more specific than "not working" and "hot mess"?
  • Selecting a PWS as a "favorite" does not save the selection.  Instead it saves some random PWS in the next town over. The "star" for that station is not lit so it should not be displayed.
  • Loading the "Member Settings"->"Manage Your Favorite Cities" page does not show the selections, nor can you change them.  However, it does show a city I selected four months ago, but the link does not go to the station I selected.
  • "Home" means nothing. Setting it to my PWS and then loading the front page of the site gives me conditions at some random PWS nearby.  Clicking on the "forecast" button gives me yet another location in the next town over.
  • 10-day forecast graph "customize" settings do not "stick".  I shouldn't have to re-select what I want to see every time the page is loaded.
  • "Daily Forecast Flyer" for my PWS location (KILWESTE2, selected from a drop-down list) never completes.
There are others, but these all seem related.

My PWS is "selected" both as a "favorite" and as "home" (icons are both lit) but clicking on the link takes me to some other location.  Different pages show different "favorites" on that line.  Even "recent cities" don't show the actual recent stations viewed...again it shows some other station in another town.

This is on Google Chrome/Windows 10 but happens with any browser or OS.  It's been going on at least since September when the current site design was pushed out.  I have signed out and in, deleted all WU cookies and temp storage, even tried this on a brand new computer running a "barefoot" browser and the misbehavior is consistent.  Your backend systems are not saving any of this information correctly.

I'll let others cover the gross errors and omissions in the actual data.  I've been a WU member under my current account since 2003, and for three years before that under a different one.  It's depressing that even the basics don't work properly on the site anymore.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:41:54 PM by WSWeather »

Offline jquagga

« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
Weewx in rapidfire mode posts every update the weather station sends upward. But on an Acurite using the Acurite driver, these stations emit partial packets. Not every update has all of the sensors. Some are temp, some are wind, etc. From the Weewx list, this confuses WU.

There is a Cache branch from last year which I could try merging it. What it does is merge the updates together into a full record before uploading.

My other option (besides different hardware) is to leave it upload in normal mode. It’s still dropping 3-4 updates and hour but pretty consistently updating every 10 mins. And corn runs wunderfixer at night to try and fill in the holes.

Right now I’m inclined to just let it run and dream of new weather stations. :-).

Offline ptcub

« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2018, 12:41:33 PM »
A pet peeve for us is being taken offline when temperatures are not in line with others surrounding us. I am sure this is not high on the list but I have seen it discussed here (long time lurker), living near water, on a hilltop, sheltered by mountains, etc. can markedly change your readings from others only a short distance away. That does not mean they are incorrect. Can there not be some other way of indicating disparity other than taking stations offline?

D Temlin
KWAPORTT20  (Humidity sensor has failed but I can't change the status message - new one arriving 1/19)

Offline ebfletch

« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2018, 12:48:14 PM »
All due respect, but none of that means much if the website remains so chronically broken.  Unless the point is to just sell the data, which is pretty much what it looks like.

When are you going to get the basic functionality of the website working?  It's been a hot mess for months now.

Can you be a little more specific than "not working" and "hot mess"?
  • Selecting a PWS as a "favorite" does not save the selection.  Instead it saves some random PWS in the next town over. The "star" for that station is not lit so it should not be displayed.
  • Loading the "Member Settings"->"Manage Your Favorite Cities" page does not show the selections, nor can you change them.  However, it does show a city I selected four months ago, but the link does not go to the station I selected.
  • "Home" means nothing. Setting it to my PWS and then loading the front page of the site gives me conditions at some random PWS nearby.  Clicking on the "forecast" button gives me yet another location in the next town over.
  • 10-day forecast graph "customize" settings do not "stick".  I shouldn't have to re-select what I want to see every time the page is loaded.
  • "Daily Forecast Flyer" for my PWS location (KILWESTE2, selected from a drop-down list) never completes.
There are others, but these all seem related.

My PWS is "selected" both as a "favorite" and as "home" (icons are both lit) but clicking on the link takes me to some other location.  Different pages show different "favorites" on that line.  Even "recent cities" don't show the actual recent stations viewed...again it shows some other station in another town.

This is on Google Chrome/Windows 10 but happens with any browser or OS.  It's been going on at least since September when the current site design was pushed out.  I have signed out and in, deleted all WU cookies and temp storage, even tried this on a brand new computer running a "barefoot" browser and the misbehavior is consistent.  Your backend systems are not saving any of this information correctly.

I'll let others cover the gross errors and omissions in the actual data.  I've been a WU member under my current account since 2003, and for three years before that under a different one.  It's depressing that even the basics don't work properly on the site anymore.

Thank you WSWeather. You're right that these seem to be related to issues with the September changes when the profile system was also changed. We are currently working on this issue as of a week ago and are making progress. This issue on Trello represents that work:
https://trello.com/c/zsmreygX/20-fix-for-user-preferences-eg-favorites

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2018, 01:05:50 PM »
Not sure if it has been added but the ground map temps are not auto updating like they used too, you need to refresh the page for it to catch up.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2018, 02:42:29 PM »
I've been watching my updates (Chrome on Win10) and both wind and temp are updating as to be expected. Anyone else able to chime in?

Not sure if it has been added but the ground map temps are not auto updating like they used too, you need to refresh the page for it to catch up.

Offline n4khq

« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »
My station is working great; https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KGADAHLO8. Updates are very timely and I have not tried rapid fire. Webcam is work but I had to reset the weather station ID on the WU webcam page.

Offline CBXSteve

• WU PWS KTXPATTO2
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2018, 03:06:36 PM »
I've been watching my updates (Chrome on Win10) and both wind and temp are updating as to be expected. Anyone else able to chime in?

My Acurite has been updating pretty well (~20 seconds) for the last day or so.  The most notable flaw is that my status message has been un-changable for weeks.  The page allows me to enter something different different, but never implements it. The message that is frozen there is "Operating normally" and I can't get rid of it  :-x.

I started feeding the webcam server via FTP again a few days ago, and it actually worked for the first time in weeks. It was missing many images, but at least it was present.  As of today, it's gone again. I thought perhaps the webcam problems constituted "low hanging fruit" and they had gotten them fixed quickly, but I guess there is more work to do.

Offline Carl_S

« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2018, 12:38:46 AM »
My station sometimes disappears from Wundermap

Hello,
My station  https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISRTRNDE19
disappears from Wundermap when it reports colder temeratures than nearby stations.
As far as I can see, all my data is correct, and station is reporting.
When I look into MyProfile/My Weather Stations, the station is Green, and no warnings.  (https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/mypws)

My station was shown all the time while the Netatmo stations was gone.

In Wunderstation my station shows on map. Says that station is not reporting but station did report 3 minutes ago??

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:50:34 AM by Carl_S »

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2018, 04:23:21 AM »
Hopefully, this is an easy fix.  The weathers stickers for Oklahoma City and Tulsa aren't working on one of my pages.  This is the URL to one of them:  http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/cgi-bin/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=wu_simplewhite&airportcode=KTUL&ForcedCity=Tulsa&ForcedState=OK&zip=74115&language=EN  Strangely enough, the link in the Tulsa sticker goes to a town in France. 

The page where they're not working is at http://stillwaterweather.com/wx/2ndhome.php

Thanks.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:27:20 AM by Bunty »

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2018, 10:14:37 AM »
Noticed that my Summary numbers aren't showing up - everything else (Status, PWS icon, other display issues notwithstanding) seems to be working okay.  The data shows up on the 17th, but not after.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:18:17 AM by konz »

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2018, 10:16:36 AM »
+1

Noticed that my Summary numbers aren't showing up - everything else (Status, PWS icon, other display issues notwithstanding) seems to be working okay.

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »
Noticed that my Summary numbers aren't showing up - everything else (Status, PWS icon, other display issues notwithstanding) seems to be working okay.  The data shows up on the 17th, but not after.

+1, but on the bright side, one of my webcams returned from the dead. :lol:

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2018, 10:26:43 AM »
Yet mine has not updated since 8:00pm last night (currently 7:30am PST)  #-o

Mark

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »
Yet mine has not updated since 8:00pm last night (currently 7:30am PST)  #-o

Mark

](*,)  This is why I disabled my webcam for the time being.  I'll add it back when things cool down.

Offline n4khq

« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2018, 11:12:12 AM »

Mark

No summary data at my PWS However Sean and Ben probably need to address more critical issues at this point in time. Everything else seems to be fine at my station. KGADAHLO8

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2018, 12:40:34 PM »
No summary here either but the data table is (as) complete (as it gets lately) and current.

Offline quailvalleywx

« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »
I'm seeing definite improvements in the last couple days.  7900 RapidFire packets sent with only 6 HTTP get fails.  This is far better than in recent weeks.  For webcams FTP uploads are back to near 100% the past couple days.  I've been logging FTP upload status - graph posted below.  The RapidFire and FTP upload stats don't indicate if the data made it to respective UI pages but periodic checking shows improvement there also.  Thank you Ben, Sean, and team!

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KKSSHAWN60#history

WS-1400-IP, Galaxy S3 for cloud cam and Web Server
QV Website | Source Code | WU | WC | PWS | MesoWest/CWOP

Offline Joel

• PWS Lobbes
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2018, 04:38:49 PM »
Hi

In the field "Associated WebCam:" in the screen "Edit your PWS information:", I can select my webcam.
Unfortunately this value is not saved when I press the Save button
The station ID is IRGIONWA40

Offline NanoWx

« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »
I'm seeing definite improvements in the last couple days.  ...
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KKSSHAWN60#history

While data gathering seems to have improved, other aspects are still going awry. Today, there is no data since the 17th, via:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=*#history/s20171221/e20180120/mmonth
Where I tried quite a few stations (ID=*), such as:  KORMORO5, KORHEPPN3, ...
Appears to be a MALF w/ WxDisplayHistory.asp, graphspan= (default).  Detail data is available since the 17th, via graphspan=day

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2018, 07:01:45 PM »
Land temps are STILL NOT updating I have to refresh, also today I noticed I'm getting no numbers in my summery!!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:03:39 PM by daman »
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline n4khq

« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2018, 07:25:37 PM »
Hi

In the field "Associated WebCam:" in the screen "Edit your PWS information:", I can select my webcam.
Unfortunately this value is not saved when I press the Save button
The station ID is IRGIONWA40

Try a different web browser or do it twice might work.

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
  • http://www.madrussianweather.com/#
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2018, 08:17:16 PM »
Don't know about anybody else but my webcam stopped updating at 13:35 and that's with being able to log into the ftp server.

Offline Central Maine Weather

• Forecaster
    • Central Maine Weather
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2018, 08:25:34 PM »
Don't know about anybody else but my webcam stopped updating at 13:35 and that's with being able to log into the ftp server.
Mine last updated at 14:57. I’m also not seeing any summary data like others have already mentioned, but I do notice data is flowing much smoother with rapid fire updates. Data is being logged and plotted once every 5 minutes like it should be.

My station ID is KMELEEDS7
Central Maine Weather | Manchester, ME, USA
Davis Vantage Pro2 w/24hr FARS & WeatherLink Live
CWOP ID GW1328
CoCoRAHS ID ME-KB-55
My YouTube Channel = https://www.youtube.com/@OffTrailMaine

anything