Author Topic: Snow depth measurement  (Read 459 times)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Snow depth measurement
« on: October 18, 2019, 10:02:32 AM »
I've posted a similar but more focused message on the forum for Weather Display software and integration.

I'm looking for those users who have automated snow depth measurement equipment, and especially those who have found software solutions to integrate the readings into a browser readable set up.

How many of the members here have snow depth measuring (not just a ruler!) equipment (no need to answer if you live where it never snows, you don't know what you're missing).

What equipment did you use?  Some commercial monitoring stuff from Campbell Scientific exists, but that is most easily interfaced with their dataloggers.

Do you have a web site that I can look at to see what your solution displays?  I realize that few places have had snow yet, but if there is the potential, or even to see how it looks with zero fallen snow, is of interest.

Thanks for the feedback.
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: Snow depth measurement
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 04:45:56 PM »
I have posted on this previously: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=28456.0

Here is my web page, but it is "off line" right now and the data is no good. I'll set it up in the coming weeks.

I have a bunch of custom Expect scripts running on my Linux box to parse the data and crunch it into something usable.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

anything