Author Topic: Apps Script from MyAcurite to WU, Windy, PWSWeather, OWM, WindGuru, and/or CWOP  (Read 2619 times)

Offline robbywan

So, that was a fast update, thank you Leo !

I've just run it and it seems to do the job. I'll keep you updated if I encounter problems.
Once again, thank you for making your script available to everyone + thank you for correcting it that fast ! 😀
It's saving me so much time, effort and money since acurite stations does not support natively other websites than Weather underground (and does not intend to, according to the mail exchange I had with acurite's support)...
According to the many posts I've seen on the subject, your script is definitely a no brainer and will be very well welcome by loads of users (way easier than setting up a SDR solution).

Also, I wanted to greet your efforts through "buy me a coffee", but unfortunately I had the following message upon payment :
Code: [Select]
This Connect account cannot currently make live charges. The `requirements.disabled_reason` property on the account will provide information about why this account is currently disabled. If you are a customer trying to make a purchase, please contact the owner of this site. Your transaction has not been processed.
Let me know if there's another way I can proceed.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
I have mine set up, but not sure if it's right. What do I put for CWOP validation code? I left it on null. Also, do I need to put my Lat, Longitude at the bottom in the CWOP section? I hit the run button, but so far it didn't update CWOP so something must be missing. I used IBM API. How do you set the time to run for 5 minutes? Thanks.

Also I put 'true' to send to where I want, and left false on the other sites.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 11:09:20 AM by DoctorKnow »

Offline xd1936

• About Me
Hi DoctorKnow!

As described in the instructions at github.com/leoherzog/WundergroundStationForwarder:

Choose your datasource:

Wunderground:
  • Set the datasource to ibm on line 10
  • Set your ibmAPIKey on line 12
  • Set your ibmStationId on line 13

and choose one or more forwarding destinations:

NOAA Citizen Weather Observer Program (CWOP)
Send to CWOP. Start by registering for a new station, then when you receive your email:
  • Set updateCWOP to true on Line 57
  • Set cwopStationIDOrHamCallsign to your assigned CWOP station ID that you received via email on Line 58
  • If you are using your ham radio callsign as your station ID and you have received a validation code from NOAA CWOP support, set cwopValidationCode to your validation code on Line 59

Run the "Schedule" function with the ▷ Run button in the toolbar. You're done! You can see it periodically running in the ☰▶ Executions tab on the left sidebar.

Apps Script will then automatically run every minute to receive new reports from Wunderground and send along to CWOP every five minutes, as they specify.

In your case, if you only want to pull from Wunderground and send to CWOP with no HAM Radio callsign, you only need to change lines 10–12 and 57 + 58 then run the Schedule function once. It will pull lat/long and station observations from your data source, do you not need to specify them in this code.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 05:23:07 PM by xd1936 »

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
I goofed it up somewhere. Not updating to cwop even though it says it's running, and windy not sure how to tell if it's working. Do I need to hit the Deploy button? The script is running every 5 minutes with no errors. There's just nothing updating. I hit the run button, and it does show up in the executions section. I must be leaving out something... lol

Offline karss

I am not sure about CWOP. But Windy takes more than 24 hrs to show your station in the nearest weather station tab. This, provided the AppsScriptForwarder is sending data to Windy. This is something that you can check in the executions tab of Google Apps Script. By the way, when you feed in the Windy credentials in lines 36-38, set Windy station ID to '0'.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 12:04:16 AM by karss »

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
I figured it out! I didn't take out the top part where the function section is. Once I took that out, and lined all the code up, it started working. The first issue I had in doing this was learning how to paste. Once you copy the code, you have to hit "Control V" to drop it in, and also all your API codes.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
I'm using IBM API for the time being. It is working great. I have 108 successes on their graph. If you are having gaps, you are likely having signal issues with the access receiving the signal from the Atlas. I just had a high wind gust of 23 MPH on the Atlas.

Offline Rgv20

Hello all!

I've built a solution that periodically grabs data directly from MyAcurite and forwards it on to Wunderground, Windy.com, PWSWeather, OpenWeatherMap, WindGuru, and/or NOAA CWOP. It's built on the free Google Apps Script infrastructure and is available on Github:

https://github.com/leoherzog/WundergroundStationForwarder

I've been developing and using it for a few years now and it's pretty battle-tested. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts!

I updated to the latest version and it still looks like I dont get the 24hr Rainfall totals to CWOP. Im pushing data from Wunderground Acurite Atlas.

Other than that it has been working flawless! Really appreciate you taking the time to write the script!

Offline xd1936

• About Me
Did you before?

Offline Rgv20

Did you before?

Nope have not since the start. Only report total rainfall since local midnight.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Mine does the same. I switched back to Meteobridge for Ophelia to use my Fine offset outdoor sensor, since the wind readings are more accurate. Acurite Atlas anemometer seems to be a little too heavy to spin enough in high winds.

Offline xd1936

• About Me
Yes.

Wunderground only offers up 'precipRate' and 'precipTotal' (since midnight) in their API:

https://github.com/leoherzog/WundergroundStationForwarder/blob/v2.5.0/code.gs#L168-L175

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KGb8bTVYRsNgljnNH67AMhckY8AQT2FVwZ9urj8SWBs/preview

and MyAcurite seems to only have one "sensor" called "Rainfall":

https://github.com/leoherzog/WundergroundStationForwarder/blob/v2.5.0/code.gs#L325-L329

I take what I get!

Offline Rgv20

That was my thinking as I don't see any 24hr precipitation total on Wunderground. No worries tho and thanks again for the script!

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
The script works really nicely. You don't have to leave a desktop or laptop going, or mess with Weewx or python, which I don't know anything about. Also, since meteobridge doesn't support Acurite, and Acurite doesn't care to expand their offerings to other weather sites besides IBM, it sure is nice to be able to use this forwarder. You don't need an Access either, and can use a wifi display to capture and send. I even joined WindGuru.
If anyone gets stuck, let us know and we will try to help you.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 01:01:34 PM by DoctorKnow »

Offline karss

Thanks to Leo, it is a fantastic script. No need for a computer or RaspPI running around 24 hours to feed data, just runs from the Google server 24/7.

I have been trying it out for the past few weeks to forward data from my Tempest weather station to WU, as I want my data to be posted more frequently than the 5 minute data feed interval offered by WeatherFlow. There are/were some issues but Leo was very quick to fix them, there is now just one issue which is rain rate which is not being reported to WU properly. He is working on it and hope there is a fix soon.

His time and efforts to get the script to perfection are much appreciated.  :thumbsup:

anything