Weather Related Organizations > PWSweather / AerisWeather / WeatherForYou

Is sky cover information used by PWSWeather?

(1/3) > >>

noctilucent:
On the PWSWeather graphs, alongside "Humidity" there's a legend for "Sky cover" but nothing is graphed, only humidity.  Is there any way to feed in data for this?  And if so, what format is required?

bchapman:
I've been wondering the same thing.  So far I don't have a solution.  I'm using an ecowitt gw1000 and weewx.

CW2274:

--- Quote from: noctilucent on January 14, 2021, 03:19:56 AM ---On the PWSWeather graphs, alongside "Humidity" there's a legend for "Sky cover" but nothing is graphed, only humidity.  Is there any way to feed in data for this?  And if so, what format is required?

--- End quote ---
Unless there is something I'm unaware of here, sky cover is only offered from 'official' sites such as ASOS's. PWS have no capability to determine sky cover, therefore left blank.

cbull23:
My Davis Vantage Pro has been showing sky cover on my dashboard since I started uploading to pwsweather. It does not calculate sky cover, but pwsweather is using my humidity data to display sky cover. Not a very accurate metric, but it looks to be limited to Davis stations.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

galfert:
Not limited to Davis stations.  And I don't think it is related to humidity. I'm using GW1000 with Meteobridge to upload to PWSweather. I have no idea why my PWSweather station is showing Sky Cover as I do not see that on my Meteobridge anywhere.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The one thing that does come to mind is that I do know that there is a new PWSweather upload API and I do know that the Meteobridge was one of the first to support this new upload method. This is not an open API at this moment. PWSweather supports this new method and they still support the prior known method. Maybe that has something to do with this or maybe not.

If I were to guess I think that Aeris is getting this data from elsewhere and just appending it to stations and that this data is only available for some regions and not others. I think it is simply satellite cover data. That is purely a guess on my part. I have submitted an inquiry to Aeris to get more information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version