Weather Station Hardware > Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones

Ambient WS-2000 vs. Ecowitt HP2551 - plus GW1000

<< < (3/10) > >>

SWX:
I’ve had my GW1000 plugged into the wall via an Apple usb charger since the day I got it, temp/humidity sensor cord still bundled together, never had an issue.

K5GHS:
Sounds good.  I put it on a brick myself, and its been up and running a few days, no issues.

Worst case a 3 foot cable on Amazon is $3 and maybe two days away if that.  But I can see where some old malfunctioning brick could put out enough noise to affect it, I guess.

If its in the manual, it probably happened to one person and thus its there to CYA.

davidsmartin:
Slightly off topic, but the compatibility post is closed.  I have the Ambient Weather WS1401-IP.  Can the GW1000 receive data from the 1401 and transmit it to the various displays?

Thanks,

David

galfert:

--- Quote from: davidsmartin on January 14, 2020, 10:46:49 PM ---Slightly off topic, but the compatibility post is closed.  I have the Ambient Weather WS1401-IP.  Can the GW1000 receive data from the 1401 and transmit it to the various displays?

Thanks,

David

--- End quote ---

It doesn't work that way. The GW1000 doesn't talk to any console, it is a console itself. The GW1000 gets sensor data directly from the sensors. You don't even need a display. And yes the GW1000 is compatible with the WS-1401-IP sensor array. That sensor array is called the WH24.

andyk1:
Just to let everyone know the Water Leak Sensor (WH55) will be listed on the www.ecowitt.com site sometime after February 1st. I've had it testing the past few weeks and it works as advertised (or will be). Sends alerts to your email if set up. It works as previous water leak detectors that did not send alerts. It's loud as it should be about 90db. Lightning sensor coming soon also.

The above was posted with Lucy's permission from Ecowitt.com.

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version