Author Topic: Atlas display frozen  (Read 22766 times)

Offline DanInNC

Re: Atlas display frozen
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2021, 09:05:51 PM »
Unboxed my new Atlas on Wed and the display was DOA.  Quick message and I have tracking info for a replacement.  Still...wowzer.  Stuff should be working out of the box.

Side note, I bought the wrong display anyway.  Needed the wifi one.  So I bought that and a wind extension, and will use the no wifi one in my radio room....hopefully.

Offline Data_Dan

« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2021, 08:07:52 AM »
Did you test to see if it was a defective power adapter? It that was the problem order a new power adapter and you can have 2 working displays. One for your own use and the other for Wunderground.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2021, 08:39:54 AM »
I tried using a PS from my 5in1 WiFi display and it did the same thing.  My Atlas display actually lights up, but doesn’t display the splash screen or anything else.

So far so good with the WiFi display, and I’m keeping the 5in1 up also.  I’ll have displays everyone before I know it, but usually I just use PWS monitor on my phone anyway lol.

Offline DanInNC

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2021, 06:17:47 PM »
To their credit...it was 5 days from messaging AcuRite about the faulty display to receiving a working replacement.

Must admit, this is the nicest display of the 4 I own.  I really only wish it had battery backup, and I would be using it as my primary display as opposed to the WiFi version.

anything