Web Weather > Weather Web Resources

Barometer Calibration 201 – How to use Windy.com for better calibration: ISOBARS

<< < (7/7)

gszlag:

--- Quote from: CW2274 on January 04, 2021, 07:03:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: gszlag on January 04, 2021, 06:33:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: davidmc36 on January 04, 2021, 08:23:45 AM ---Just now I sit 2 one hundredths of an inch higher than CYOW.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

--- End quote ---
What the pressure is at the moment is not all that important - it's the change in pressure that's important.

--- End quote ---
That's an over-simplification. Yes, change is important, but so is current pressure. Granted, an extreme, but for example, waking up to 28.28 inHg on the shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio in January of 1978 and not seeing a car in the parking lot from hurricane force wind and snow was very important, just as the all time record low pressure for Ohio was.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, we get a bit of snow on the north end of the Lakes too. In the winter of 2019, there were more people shoveling their roofs than their driveways.

Yup guilty as charged, as I was suffering from YABCT - YetAnotherBarometerCalibrationThread. Defintely guilty for adding a lot of text on that subject. Sometimes oversimplification eases the pain...Or we can buy Class A barometers and calibrate  the METARS :)

CW2274:

--- Quote from: gszlag on January 04, 2021, 07:20:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: CW2274 on January 04, 2021, 07:03:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: gszlag on January 04, 2021, 06:33:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: davidmc36 on January 04, 2021, 08:23:45 AM ---Just now I sit 2 one hundredths of an inch higher than CYOW.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

--- End quote ---
What the pressure is at the moment is not all that important - it's the change in pressure that's important.

--- End quote ---
That's an over-simplification. Yes, change is important, but so is current pressure. Granted, an extreme, but for example, waking up to 28.28 inHg on the shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio in January of 1978 and not seeing a car in the parking lot from hurricane force wind and snow was very important, just as the all time record low pressure for Ohio was.

--- End quote ---
Yup guilty as charged, as I was suffering from YABCT - YetAnotherBarometerCalibrationThread.

--- End quote ---
:-) Indeed. Reading all the hoops that must be jumped through for you folks makes me nuts...let alone all of you that deal with this, and that it is completely unnecessary. If I were to complain about improvements in your guys equipment, this would absolutely lead the way, hands down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version