Author Topic: missing WU dashboard data in WsView  (Read 853 times)

Offline Vetti52

missing WU dashboard data in WsView
« on: October 22, 2020, 09:43:43 AM »
Recently I tried to replace my old router (Fritzbox) with a new one (Unifi USG), but failed, due to some incorrect settings with Unifi, which I still have to learn about. So, first I returned to the old router, keeping the settings untouched as before. The only difference now is, that the ISP does no longer change the IP-Adresses (IPv4 and IPv6) at a nightly basis. The connection looks like static now, although it is still established with PPPoE.

Since then, there is a curious issue with the WU dashboard in WsView (version 1.1.44 on Android10): I don't receive any data, as long as I stay in the wifi. I can see the device list, which contains a display console and a GW1000. And I can also observe Live Data from the GW1000. Sensor data are continuously updated at Ecowitt, WU, and WeeWx. So the connection seems to be fully functional.

When switching off wifi and use a 4G connection, the WU dashboard works fine (but no longer the Live Data, of course). So, there must be a kinky configuration in my network setup, which I don't see, as all "usual" connections are ok. WsView on a iPad does not show this issue either. No idea, where to look at. Do you?

Offline Vetti52

[SOLVED]: missing WU dashboard data in WsView
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 07:34:30 AM »
Possible a rare situtation, but it turned out, that I had a double NAT problem. I did not realize, that the Unifi USG will still try to translate network addresses, although not being plugged as a router, but as a client, which is completely useless, I know. But I wanted to investigate the log files for finding the issues, that prevented it to work properly. So I kept it being connected as client in my home network. One should not keep usesless settings at work....

So, at least I've got to know, that WsView does not work properly, when double NAT exists. In rare cases, others may find this an important hint.

anything