Author Topic: How to access raw data from a Weatherlink IP uploading data to WL.com ?  (Read 804 times)

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
Is there a way to access raw data from a Weatherlink IP trought a local network even with the WLIP sending data to weatherlink.com? I need to get wind readings for trigger a siren in certain conditions. I know that I could use data from internet, but I wan't to have this working even with internet conections failures.
----
Frederico Wessel
My weather site: www.tempoemteutonia.com.br
Brazilian PWSs: www.estacoesdobrasil.com.br

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Yes,
CumulusMX can work with WeatherlinkIP.  CumulusMX will display live data and also save the data locally at the set interval.  WeatherlinkPC and CumulusMX can run at the same time using the disconnect settings.  CumulusMX has alarm settings including for Wind gust more than, and Average wind more than, which can display on the local console and send an email message.

With the Weatherlink.com paid subscription Pro account you can also download the Weatherlink.com data.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
I see, it's like a Meteobridge, but the question is I still need an intermediate to receive the alarm info or raw data to turn on the siren. I could use an arduino, but how to get the wind data without Cumulus/Meteobridge? Is there I way? Or can I install Cumulus in an arduino?
----
Frederico Wessel

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
CumulusMX will run on a RPi, but Arduino is beyond my knowledge and ability so can't comment on that. 
CumulusMX also has MQTT updates but I don't know how you would use that.

WL.com also has settings for alarm Email and Text/SMS notification.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
Thank you Paul, but what I need is to trigger a siren, like that ones for warning tornados. My doubt is, how to get the data from my Vantage Pro 2 directly from my network, not from de internet, if I'm using a WLIP uploading data to WL.com. Any ideia?
My ideia is use and arduino to trigger the siren, but this arduino must receive the data from my station.
----
Frederico Wessel

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
If there is no way, so I gonna use a Meteobridge to generate a realtime.txt or clientraw.txt. But thats a second option now.
----
Frederico Wessel

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Arduino is obviously a microcontroller rather than a computer with an operating system, so no standard software whether CumulusMX or anything else is going to run on an Arduino or any other MC.

That said, an Arduino could certainly receive data in principle from an IP logger but you would need to write the code yourself. It probably wouldn't be difficult for a programmer with the right skills but isn't trivial to do. You would use the API described in the Davis Serial Tech Ref document as the source of data.

but I'm not clear why you would want to use an Arduino rather than a standard Raspberry Pi? Actually, if all you need is a wind speed warning then I'd probably look to use a KTx250 card from Ocean Controls, eg:

https://oceancontrols.com.au/KTL-250.html

Then all you need other than the OC card is a 6410 anemometer
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 05:07:27 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline NK7Z

• Amateur Radio, RFI and setup information
Is there a way to access raw data from a Weatherlink IP trought a local network even with the WLIP sending data to weatherlink.com? I need to get wind readings for trigger a siren in certain conditions. I know that I could use data from internet, but I wan't to have this working even with internet conections failures.
Yes there is...  I use it all the time...

wget -q http://192.168.1.80/v1/current_conditions -O /home/dcole/scripts/solar_data/json/weatherlink/current_conditions

Use the IP address of your WLL unit.  I also use CACTI to graph the data.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
Yes there is...  I use it all the time...

wget -q http://192.168.1.80/v1/current_conditions -O /home/dcole/scripts/solar_data/json/weatherlink/current_conditions

Use the IP address of your WLL unit.  I also use CACTI to graph the data.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Great! But is this valid only for WLL, isn't it? My case is a WLIP.
----
Frederico Wessel

Offline NK7Z

• Amateur Radio, RFI and setup information
You are correct, I thought you all were talking bout the WLL device...

anything