Author Topic: Recommendations for PWS in Northern California  (Read 520 times)

Offline mulitphrenic

Recommendations for PWS in Northern California
« on: June 22, 2021, 10:58:45 AM »
Hi!

Looking to get started with a new hobby and found this very interesting. I live in Northern California, where microclimates prevail and local weather forecasts are often wrong by ten degrees or more for the next day. Im a data engineer by trade and like tinkering so I’d like a device that lets you ingest data for your own use. I have a local computer cluster running inside the house all day that would be great for hosting a website and date collection.

I care mostly about the basics, could do with or without wind and rain right, but would like to know particulate concentration especially one fire season ramps up.

It seems like the Ecowitt or the Davis lines seem like the best overall bet based on what live read although Ambient Weather does come up here and there too but they dont have everything in stock (their PM2.5 sensors for example are out of stock)

I don’t need a display yet, as I plan on making one first out of some Raspbery Pi and Arduino components I have around but I do appreciate future extendability.

Budget wise I’m thinking around the $300-500 range to start, with the option of growing as I get into it.

Thank you!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Recommendations for PWS in Northern California
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 11:18:50 AM »