Author Topic: Davis anemometer diagnostic cable  (Read 14226 times)

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Davis anemometer diagnostic cable
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
T'aint too hard. Ole T-man got the colors right, the resistor values are self evident, The "boutton" is the pushbutton switch, and from the schematic, I can infer that the wind vane reading should be pointing south. The resistors take the place of the 360 degree pot in the wind vane. Google translate confirms: "This circuit simulates the south to the wind direction."

...and the RJ11 male connector is shown with the "tab" up?

Offline belfryboy

• Forecaster
  • waiting for the rain.....
    • Belfryboy Blog
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »
Yup, that's right; tab to the top and colours reading black, red, green, yellow.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
Muchos gracias, I'll squirrel that away just in case.

The language is somewhat a problem here in MX, they're very "proud" of Spanish and force manufacturers to label everything in Spanish. Even instructions normally printed in 3 languages are in Spanish only. I've bought Linksys routers for years, bought one here, familiar box, but in Spanish, all internal documentation in Spanish ONLY. Yet they now teach "Inglish" to all grade school students, so go figure?

I'll be making some major decisions next year and one option will be to remain here and pursue dual citizenship so I'll need to brush up for that test for sure.

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 02:24:52 PM »
Muchos gracias, I'll squirrel that away just in case.

The language is somewhat a problem here in MX, they're very "proud" of Spanish and force manufacturers to label everything in Spanish. Even instructions normally printed in 3 languages are in Spanish only. I've bought Linksys routers for years, bought one here, familiar box, but in Spanish, all internal documentation in Spanish ONLY. Yet they now teach "Inglish" to all grade school students, so go figure?

I'll be making some major decisions next year and one option will be to remain here and pursue dual citizenship so I'll need to brush up for that test for sure.
...maybe they're still mad at Tejas over that little incident at the Alamo (wink,wink)?
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »
Ha, possibly, but that would make them poor "winners" as I remember, we lost that one. I think they do it just to terrorize us old gringos, but they have made a concession, for MX citizenship the need to speak Spanish is waived for gringos over 60 (they figure we're just too darn old and dumb to learn?).

You do have to think twice, a couple years ago I was walking through WalMart and saw a little netbook for a good price and tucked it under my arm - well, duh, you're in MX, the OS was in Spanish, the keyboard is in Spanish - and yes, there are differences, they don't have contractions, so no apostrophe key etc.

Offline azchrisf

• Cobra Weather Dominator Operator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2021, 05:15:09 AM »
Does anyone still have the schematic to make your own?
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 6163 w/ 8 Transmitters!
Also doing Soil and Leaf 4x
WU: KAZGLEND106 CWOP: FW1398 (F1398) Purpleair: 98793/LAZGLEND8
My setup:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41867.0

Offline kobuki

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2021, 04:09:57 PM »