Weather Software > VP Tools (Virtual VP, VP Live, and VP Tools)

minor VirtualVP update and signed 64 bit virtual serial driver

(1/7) > >>

tinplate:
I have a beta of VirtualVP, v. 1.2.4 that temporarily addresses the problem of the new Loop command in VP firmware 1.90. If a program asks the console, through VirtualVP what the firmware version is, VirtualVP simply passes along what the console says. But if it's firmware v. 1.90, then the weather program assumes it can use the new loop command, which VirtualVP does not support. This v. 1.2.4 of VirtualVP temporarily addresses this by filtering the response to the version command so it reports an earlier version so the weather program will not assume the loop2 command can be used. This problem only occurs if you have the 1.90 firmware, and use the latest VirtualWeatherStation or 5.9.x of WeatherLink, and possibly the latest PC-Wetterstation. The beta is a zip of the exe, which can be extracted and placed in the folder where VirtualVP is installed. The download is here: http://www.softwx.com/weather/virtualvp/virtualvp1.2.4.zip

I would like to add native support in VirtualVP for the new loop2 command, but have not gotten my hands on the specs for the command. If anyone has that, I would be thankful if you could email it to me (steve at softwx.com).

Also, a VirtualVP user alerted me to a virtual serial port driver I had not encountered before. It is a fully signed driver, so it can be used on 64-bit Windows without having to jump through any other hoops, and it's free. The link is on the download page at softwx.com, but to save you having to go there here is this link: http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=VSP_Manager
I have not tested it myself, but a couple VirtualVP users have been using it and report that it works well.

Steve

offroadjosh:
tried to do the update and  says file is there would you like to replace, i say yes then its password protected? How can i go on to updating?

Mark / Ohio:

--- Quote from: offroadjosh on June 03, 2010, 01:21:01 AM ---tried to do the update and  says file is there would you like to replace, i say yes then its password protected? How can i go on to updating?

--- End quote ---

Josh,

Kind of sounds like a windows password you have put in at some point.

Choupie:
Hi,

I'm running seven with weatherlink and would like to use virtualVP, what would be the best solution with virtual serialport ?

thnaks a lot

jay_hoehn:
Why not just use the TCP/IP connection and forget the virtual serial ports.

Jay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version