Weather Software > VWS Beta Testing

up grade to p40 lost all settings

(1/3) > >>

MoradaWx:
I installed p40 last week and it took everything out and it was like I had to do a fresh install. It required entering registration # like it was the first install. I had to set everything up from scratch, which included info for WU. I have ever thing corrected i believe, but the Rapid Fire page is erring out. Any one got any ideas what I am missing?

Mark / Ohio:
That's the first time I've heard of p40 doing that.  Did it perhaps install into a new directory on your hard drive?

Are your getting any data at all to Weather Underground?

Actually it looks like it is working at the time I posted:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KCASTOCK6

W Thomas:
It's looking more and more like I am going to have to update to V14P(latest)
Like I stated earlier I haven't had a need until recently to considering updating  so hows the best way to retain
V13 I have now that is working albeit a little flaky at times??  Save the entire VWS directory?
I don't have a copy of the version I am running currently on hand that I know of.

Just polling the expert opinion of the membership here!! Just in case I have a problem that would require backward compatibility :-)

Thanks!!

Wayne

www.smythweather.net
cw8217

Mark / Ohio:

--- Quote from: kg4muc on September 12, 2008, 08:04:57 PM ---....
I don't have a copy of the version I am running currently on hand that I know of...

--- End quote ---

Your living life on the edge there guy.   ;)

Yes, I keep a daily copy of the entire VWS directory on a second hard drive and most recently on a Flash USB drive as well.  That covers the majority of the VWS files.  Others can be reinstalled using the installer program.  Normally this keeps your settings too.  But sometimes things do burp like in the original post.  I had for whatever reason file corruption in my settings at one point and had to start over from scratch again too once.  But if you have your templates and data backed up it makes the whole process a little less painful of restoring things back to operation.

W Thomas:

--- Quote from: Mark / Ohio on September 12, 2008, 08:40:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: kg4muc on September 12, 2008, 08:04:57 PM ---....
I don't have a copy of the version I am running currently on hand that I know of...

--- End quote ---

Your living life on the edge there guy.   ;)

Yes, I keep a daily copy of the entire VWS directory on a second hard drive and most recently on a Flash USB drive as well.  That covers the majority of the VWS files.  Others can be reinstalled using the installer program.  Normally this keeps your settings too.  But sometimes things do burp like in the original post.  I had for whatever reason file corruption in my settings at one point and had to start over from scratch again too once.  But if you have your templates and data backed up it makes the whole process a little less painful of restoring things back to operation.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I know :-) Seems like it turns out that way often :-)
I have my template files backed up and mirrored actually on another server which is a good thing..I hope #-o
I actually probably do have the original version I downloaded somewhere if I could just remember where...part timers kicking in I guess :oops:
However I did have to change servers midstream with a fresh install of everything including the OS ...so I need to update my rain totals ! Thanks for jogging my memory...what there is of it :?

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
cw8217

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version