Weather Software > ImageSalsa/MovieSalsa

Upgrading from IS 1.9.14 to IS 2.0.13

(1/4) > >>

W3DRM:
Well, it seems it is time for me to upgrade to the latest version of Image Salsa (it's only been 6+ years now on V1) and am wondering if anyone has any pointers to do this? I'm also getting ready to add a second camera (my old Olympus C-5050). I'm still running on Win XP Professional SP3. Will also look at the streaming capability of IS.

Here are some questions:

* Can I just install V2 on top of the existing V1 installation
* Any special things (gotcha's) I need to watch for?
* Any pointers for using IS with streaming?
Thanks in advance for the help!

saratogaWX:
I've been running the (beta) 2.0.13 for 6 years now..  Pity he hasn't done an upgrade in that time.

2.0.13 works just fine.  I'm using HTTP access to the camera, not streaming.  And a small script to overlay conditions on the webcam image.  All works great.

Best regards,
Ken

W3DRM:
Thanks Ken! Is this a direct upgrade that I can run on top of the existing version?

Of course, I'll back everything up before I do it but just wondering about the process.

Yes, too bad Justin hasn't done anything on either of his products in many years.

Have a great day!

saratogaWX:
It's been so long ago (and so many memory cells are not responding), but... I'd originally put V1 in the directory, then overwrote it with V2, then re-customized the canvases.

W3DRM:
Well, I finally got some time to attempt to upgrade to IS v2.0.13. It did NOT go well. Kept getting failures when selecting my webcam (a LogicTech Quickcam Fusion) saying I had insufficient resources. Tried this several different times and also after rebooting with no change in symptoms. It simply won't install and run.

Went back to v1.9.14 and all works fine. Have sent a message to IS Support via their website asking for assistance with the upgrade.

Any ideas or has anyone else had similar problems?

Have also tried to run IS by itself with nothing else running and get the same error. My normal configuration is with Startwatch, VPLive, VirtualVP, VWS, WL & IS running together. My PC is an ACER Netbook with 1GB memory. Pretty basic setup with nothing exotic running that may take up the resources...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version