Weather Software > ImageSalsa/MovieSalsa

ImageSalsa FTP problems

(1/11) > >>

johnah:
Hey Guys,

I have been trying to use ImageSalsa FTP to put a fixed jpg  on my website but I am not having much luck. I can get the file there using other FTP programs with no problem but when I use ImageSalsa this is what I get on the server.

.pureftpd-upload.4e989b0c.15.52e.6e3afebb, with a file size of 0, and a file type of 6E3AFEBB.

I have read the manual and can't find any mention of the problem or how to fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
John

unclemoosh:

--- Quote from: johnah on October 14, 2011, 04:39:12 PM ---Hey Guys,

I have been trying to use ImageSalsa FTP to put a fixed jpg  on my website but I am not having much luck.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
John

--- End quote ---
What settings are you using?  I have been using it for years with no problem.  But it seems like I had some trial and error when I first set it up.  Particularly, are use using PASV FTP mode?  I am not.  And I am using "Put temp, delete original, rename."

wxtech:
I have Passive FTP Mode checked.  and Put Temp, Del Orig, Rename for the mode.
One thing that I remember is that the folder on the server must already exist before uploading.  IS won't create the folder.
Every 30 seconds, I upload the jpg image for the sig image that is used below.
Mine has a similar file .pureftpd-upload.4cdc----------, I thought it was put there by the host.  I can't copy it, download it, because its an illegal file name.

Bushman:
The pureftp file is a temp file generated by the FTP  executable.

johnah:
Thanks for the replys, we had the grand kids all weekend which didn't leave much time for anything else. :-)

--- Quote ---What settings are you using
--- End quote ---

I am using the same settings as wxtech,
--- Quote ---Passive FTP Mode checked.  and Put Temp, Del Orig, Rename for the mode.
--- End quote ---

I am also running the beta version of ImageSalsa (2.0.13 Weather Edition) on Win 7 Professional 32bit version.

I have also tried switching between active and passive mode and all the other setting combinations but none of it works.

Does anyone know of any problems using the beta version?
Thanks
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version