Author Topic: Question about the Atlas Indoor Display - model 06061  (Read 533 times)

Offline G Evans

Question about the Atlas Indoor Display - model 06061
« on: June 27, 2021, 10:49:55 AM »
Hello all!   First time poster, and a very recent new owner of the Acurite Atlas.   I just have a question about the rainfall reading on the display.   Yesterday morning, the station received 0.13" of rainfall under the "Today's rainfall" heading on the home screen.   This morning however, the display still indicated 0.13" of rainfall but the heading changed to "The last 48 hours".  And finally, just a few minutes ago, the heading changed to the "last 7 days".   Just to be clear, this is NOT the smaller readings of historical data that I'm referring to, but the larger reading right above the historical data. My actual question is - if measurable rain started falling right now, would the main heading automatically switch to "Today's rainfall" again and reset the counter for the day?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but there isn't anything in the manuals that adequately explains how this all works?

Thank you for reading!

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Question about the Atlas Indoor Display - model 06061
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 08:32:09 PM »
Nope, it will not reset to the days current total, part of its crummy design and one I really hate. It cycles to Today … 24hr … 48 hr. … 72 hr. totals. You can get the days current total by pressing the folder icon on the display’s bottom left corner and bring up the days summary page.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline G Evans

Re: Question about the Atlas Indoor Display - model 06061
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 08:53:33 PM »
So the rainfall total just keeps accumulating on that "main" rainfall display then?  That seems rather dumb, when you consider there's readings for week, month, and yearly totals immediately right below it.

Thanks for the reply!

anything