Author Topic: Can Weather Underground read data from multiple devices?  (Read 578 times)

Offline ajay

Can Weather Underground read data from multiple devices?
« on: June 17, 2021, 05:55:16 PM »
I'm slowly phasing out my Rainwise station and switching to Ecowitt. Wunderground will allow multiple weather stations per account but only seems to pull data from my old Rainwise station. I'd like to get all data from the new Ecowitt gateway except wind speed and direction. I'd like to pull that data from the old station and combine my reporting using both stations. Is there any way to do this? If not, I guess I'll bite the bullet and get the Ecowitt anemometer and wind direction sensor and mothball the Rainwise.

Am I asking too much?

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Re: Can Weather Underground read data from multiple devices?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 09:22:08 PM »
the only way would be via a custom software solution at your end

Offline ajay

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 09:58:16 PM »
I was afraid of that. Thanks!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 10:13:30 PM »
You can do it with Meteobridge software. The Meteobridge software will accommodate multiple weather stations (up to 5). Then you can set which sensor from each station should be the primary for that type of sensor. Then when the Meteobridge uploads to Weather Underground (and to other services) it will send a complete data upload comprised of the exact sensor combination that you selected from all station. It is pretty simple to set up and configure as it is all web browser menu driven. No programming or coding or file editing required. Easy peasy. But in the long run you are missing out on wind data on Ecowitt.net by not having an Ecowitt anemometer.

Just be sure that your Rainwise model is supported with Meteobridge and be sure to have the Ecowitt GW1000.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline ajay

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 11:23:42 PM »
Thanks for the info on Meteobridge. I might just give that a try. Yes. Thumbs up on Ecowitt. I like the digital display from Rainwise (Reminds me of my old Heathkit) but not very happy with various problems with equipment and glitches. I really like that Ecowitt has options to keep sensors independent and not have an all-in-one station.