Author Topic: Assistance with Peet Brothers Weather Picture  (Read 564 times)

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
Assistance with Peet Brothers Weather Picture
« on: October 22, 2020, 04:36:32 PM »
So I went and purchased a used 2100 off of a fellow in southwest Ohio along with the outdoor rain gauge (not the tipping bucket style) and the weather picture (see photo). An issue I'm see frequently is in the temperature section I have an "err4" message. According to the Weather Picture owners manual that means "Keyboard not in complete record mode". I have the wind and rain sensors hooked up the the junction box but not outdoors yet. The only issue(s) I'm having is with the "Weather Picture" NOT the weather station its self with the back light. Attached are a photo or two for demonstration purposes to show what I'm talking about. Any assistance would be deeply appreciated!

Don in Ohio

Offline Kev

Re: Assistance with Peet Brothers Weather Picture
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 07:57:18 PM »
Have you tried what it says to do in the manual?  I found this in the online version-

"If you have selected a function to be displayed on the WEATHER PICTURE that requires Complete Record Mode, but are operating the keyboard in Data Logging Mode, the error code "Err4" will appear in the red numeric display. Change to Complete Record Mode by the following key combo: Press and
hold and for 3 seconds to enter this mode. (It may also be necessary to power-down and power-up the WEATHER
PICTURE to reset and clear the error."
Heath ID-5001-C Advanced Weather Computer (1990)
Texas Weather Instruments WR-25 (1998)

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 10:03:23 PM »
Yes, I think Kev re-iterated my thoughts. The one other thing I found with a brief scan through is that you also need to make real sure the date and year and time are set correctly.

I don't mean to badger about this, but I'm hopeful (sure?) you're already doing this. And I did find it necessary, sometimes, when I was fiddling around with mine, to have to unplug and replug the wall wart to get a reset.  The WxPic doesn't automatically reset all the time.

some of the plug in readouts seem to be a bit more sensitive, depending upon the function you've set them to, especially historical highs. lows, etc.

Keep trying, it will come along.   Peet stuff is pretty darn good.
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 02:56:21 PM »
Well, I have returned home from being out of town for the weekend. My mom stopped in Saturday to take care of the cats. She checked the Weather Picture (WP) and said it was working normally. I have been here for about an hour so far and all seems well.

My next move is to get the wind sensors put up, hopefully today before dark.

Don in Ohio

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 11:29:23 PM »

My next move is to get the wind sensors put up, hopefully today before dark.

Don in Ohio

Well, no sooner did I head outside with my nephew to assist, it started to rain! Soooooo, no wind, yet, but hopefully very soon. I missed some good winds Friday and Saturday as a strong cold front blustered through. Darn the luck!

Don in Ohio