Author Topic: PWS monitor for Android/iOS  (Read 21480 times)

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: PWS monitor for Android/iOS
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2022, 02:15:34 PM »
.. date and time ..

What is the time stamp on the device sending upload to WU?

Offline NBevo

« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2022, 04:34:58 PM »
>What is the time stamp on the device sending upload to WU?<

I don't understand the question.  I use Virtual Weather Station on my home automation PC and it is set to upload every two minutes to both PWS Weather and WU.  I have never seen a VWS log that provides a time stamp indicating when it had completed an upload.

Thanks
Gary

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2022, 06:32:37 PM »
The time stamp of the upload device should match  the timestamp of receiving site. Just a long shot troubleshooting.

Offline NBevo

« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2022, 07:03:47 PM »
>The time stamp of the upload device should match  the timestamp of receiving site.<

Do we know for sure that the receiving site always displays the latest data received from the upload device?  That is, is it possible under some conditions they skip one or more uploads?  In which case, the last upload timestamp from the upload device would not match the receiving site time/date of the data being displayed.  In any case, I don't know how to get the VWS upload timestamp(s).  It seems that all goes on in the background.

Thanks
Gary

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2022, 08:39:16 PM »
The current conditions page of WU will show like 10 minutes late if my MB is off with its time stamp. If you ate many hours behind like the graph seems to show maybe it displays as Off-Line.

Offline NBevo

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2022, 02:34:19 PM »
>If you ate many hours behind like the graph seems to show maybe it displays as Off-Line.<

As mentioned (reply #149), my WU Manage Devices shows online, and my Current conditions shows offline with no sensor readings showing.  On the other hand, in the History Summary, directly below the Current conditions, the sensor readings are current (usually, no more than 10 min off, where my VWS setting for Rapid Fire is 5 min).  Further, the readings that PWS Monitor shows are likewise, current.  With PWSM its simply the "Last Updated on" date/time that is off by about an hour.  Perhaps Buffy help out with that issue?

To add further to the WU confusion, you are right about the graph, below the Summary sensor readings.  I hadn't noticed that before.  It also shows about an hour off.  But as with the Summary sensor readings, the graph(s) readings when you hover over them are current.  It looks like the times are relative to an earlier time zone, or something like that.  In the WU settings, my "Home Location" is set and that appears to be the only thing that would externally identify the WU time zone. Now my VMS Station Settings do have a time zone setting that is set to GMT -6, Central Time (zero time zone offset).  I would think the uploaded data contains the date/time that WU (and PWSM) uses.  I just wish WU would let me know why they won't show my data on WunderMap and in their mobile app.

Thanks
Gary

Offline Grateful11

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2023, 04:52:30 PM »
Is this still being updated/supported? It appears the iOS version hasn't seen a revision in 2 years. I downloaded it and it seems to be working fine with iOS 16.1.2. I might purchase an ad free version if it's going to be updated as needed. Thanks!