Author Topic: SHT31 breakout with Davis ISS  (Read 8017 times)

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
  • weather is never boring
    • victoria texas weather
Re: SHT31 breakout with Davis ISS
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 08:50:43 AM »
Final note, there is no set release date for the sensor and when it is finally released it will take some time for it to get to the distributors. So looks like it will be a wait and see.  :-(

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
I'm confused now are you talking about the 31 already released or the 35? Thought this was about the LS series 31.
Randy

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »
The 31 ls series that works with Davis stuff. It looks like they are supplying the sensor to their major users now and it will be a long time before we can buy a sensor to play with. I was interested in the 35ls on a breakout board to show up in the near future but it may be a long time before that happens. With the price of the 31 from Davis it's no big deal, just would like to play with the little more accurate sensor. I guess for now will have to put it on the watch list lol.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2016, 10:02:30 AM »
Okay I see now. So the 31 chip LS version being put in the new Davis sensors won't be available individually for some time if ever. So the 35 with breakout board will be available prior. 
Randy

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 10:21:29 AM »
I don't know if and when a 35ls will be out, my inquiry was about the 31ls series and i guess since they have a 35d out that i hope a 35ls will be forthcoming. Hey i wonder when and if a vp3 were to come out if it would be i2c protocol. Interesting thought.

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »
Jerry, are you allowed to share the datasheet? I'd like to see it as well but I think it would be useful for all of those hoping for a Belfryboy solution :)

Here you go... :)

There is some interesting reading in there.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »
Doesn't look like same temperature specs for the 31. This looks like the 11 and 15 graph. Even Davis shows a different spec graph on website now for the 31 LS version. Something confusing here. #-o
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:22:52 PM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline kobuki

• Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 01:17:12 PM »
Doesn't look like same temperature specs for the 31. This looks like the 11 and 15 graph. Even Davis shows a different spec graph on there website now for the 31 LS version. Something confusing here. #-o
Maybe that PRELIMINARY underprint is not just for the show? We shouldn't jump into conslusions just yet.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 01:19:54 PM »
Could be they just inserted wrong graph, being its preliminary. Sure hope so, what a disappointment it would be if its just more of the same accuracy. 
Randy

Offline kobuki

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 01:21:13 PM »
Could be they just inserted wrong graph, being its preliminary. Sure hope so, what a disappointment it would be if its just more of the same accuracy.
I would be very surprised if anything changed for this model aside from the digital interface.

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 02:16:52 PM »
I noticed that too but it says for the 30/31 not separate graphs so probably not completely set up yet.

anything