Weather Software > What Weather Software should I use/buy?

Please help with software hardware choices

(1/3) > >>

kg4ooz:
I am looking to change up my weather station setup somewhat and hopefully expand my capabilities.

I am currently running Weather Display on windows 10 PC with my Vantage Pro2 station.  It uploads to Wunderground and a few other sites but here lately I have been having problems with my PC staying stable.  Weather Display doesn't seem to handle random PC crashes very well and I have had to repair it several times here lately.  And am also looking to host a very simple website from my home.

I would like to change to something possible Raspberry Pi based or really open to suggestions.  My big requirements are that I want to locally store my data and preferably have a local interface that I can view my weather data and maybe some basic graphs.  Would also like to be able to host a basic webpage from the device, nothing very fancy at all.  I do have some decent computer knowledge but not very well versed in software programming and web design.

Please let me know what your thoughts would be and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I have loaded MeteoBridge on a Rpi 3B+ and have been tinkering with it some but not sold on it just yet.

davidmc36:
I have CumulusMX on a couple Pies. They work fantastic and rock solid. You can pretty much do what ever you want with data from there. Do your own site local, push it to a server.......use nice templates on the other end.

I view the local data on the Cumulus interface. The setup pages on the interface have easy configuration areas to send data to WU etc. You can access graphs and reports.

I am not versed in doing public web page from my Pi. I send data from Meteobridge to template on site where I have service subscription.

kg4ooz:
I stumbled across the CululusMX just after posting that and am debating on loading it onto a SD card this afternoon and giving it a look also.  It seems like it might be more like what I need.

vinceskahan:

--- Quote from: kg4ooz on March 11, 2021, 01:02:21 PM ---I would like to change to something possible Raspberry Pi based or really open to suggestions.  My big requirements are that I want to locally store my data and preferably have a local interface that I can view my weather data and maybe some basic graphs.  Would also like to be able to host a basic webpage from the device, nothing very fancy at all.  I do have some decent computer knowledge but not very well versed in software programming and web design.

--- End quote ---

Weewx is specifically targeted to these requirements and the VP2 is its most supported station.

ConligWX:
CumulusMX should cater for your needs, it also has a raspberry pi image too.

https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Software#Raspberry_Pi_Image

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version