Weather Station Hardware > Barani Design Weather Stations and Accessories

portal allMETEO changes and software

(1/5) > >>

mauro63:
I open this post to try to enclose here everything about the allMETEO web interface and everything about any software requests, compatibility with other platforms, etc.
We do not post technical requests related to the tools but everything we would like the new web interface to do and everything we would like to be implemented.
I can assure you that the Company, while not responding directly to messages, will take into account every report, evaluating its feasibility.

On behalf of the company, I thank all those who want and have the opportunity to contribute

Thank you
Mauro

Jorginho:
Since every company can go bust, it would be nice or to me even required to run this hardware completely autonomous without the need for anything from Barani in case of bankruptcy, change in policy whatsoever.

So first thing: is there a way if necessary to simply receive the data directly or at least in a matter that might be  depending on Sigfox. LoRaWan or NB-IoT but nothing else?

Second of all: for now, if I am correct we install the weatherstation and the data somehow gets to the site of Barani (Igiess allmeteo is from Barani, unsure though). Who does this data belong to? I could think: I bought the whole hardware and the data obtained with it is mine. But quite a few companies think: well you needed my site to obtain them so the data is mine (too). Data can be worth a lot. So how is this arranged?

Third: can the data be downloaded to use in spreadsheets for presentations and what format is used? Is the download only possible or are there others than can do so without me knowing it?

If we look at the competition, the direct competition, Davis if we want to we can collect the data privately and keep it to ourselves and/or upload to our own or someone elses site. Can we do this with Barani and if not is it feasible in the future (any plans)?

What kind of data I think we (or at least I) need is something I need to think through in order not to ask these questions in multiple messages. I'll see if I  can find some time to do this.

Thx in advance for your answers!

mauro63:

--- Quote from: Jorginho on August 24, 2020, 05:42:09 AM ---Since every company can go bust, it would be nice or to me even required to run this hardware completely autonomous without the need for anything from Barani in case of bankruptcy, change in policy whatsoever.

So first thing: is there a way if necessary to simply receive the data directly or at least in a matter that might be  depending on Sigfox. LoRaWan or NB-IoT but nothing else?

Second of all: for now, if I am correct we install the weatherstation and the data somehow gets to the site of Barani (Igiess allmeteo is from Barani, unsure though). Who does this data belong to? I could think: I bought the whole hardware and the data obtained with it is mine. But quite a few companies think: well you needed my site to obtain them so the data is mine (too). Data can be worth a lot. So how is this arranged?

Third: can the data be downloaded to use in spreadsheets for presentations and what format is used? Is the download only possible or are there others than can do so without me knowing it?

If we look at the competition, the direct competition, Davis if we want to we can collect the data privately and keep it to ourselves and/or upload to our own or someone elses site. Can we do this with Barani and if not is it feasible in the future (any plans)?

What kind of data I think we (or at least I) need is something I need to think through in order not to ask these questions in multiple messages. I'll see if I  can find some time to do this.

Thx in advance for your answers!

--- End quote ---

Hello,

the actual and future approach is always more involved to the cloud
even Davis, with new weatherlink live, for example, give to the registered user to access to his data, he can download his data but Davis will treat such data as if they were his own
Nobody can have access to my data on Davis platform, and the same happens with Barani, you can download your data from davis in CSV file format, and the same you can do with allmeteo's portal

About the other questions, I think we has already talked, and we need to wait for the new web interface improvements and news

Mauro

Jorginho:
That is true but such an approach is at least not solely customerorientated. Davis offers both btw and there are no signs of them changing this. But that is of course in no small part because both the Vue and VP2 are old designs.

I thiink, but am completely unsure, that most users in this group are fine with both, but just the cloud restricts you. Barani currently being a prime example as we now have now way to connect to wow etc. Whereas there is a multitude of programms like cumulus that use the direct interfacing in order to upload to wow, WU, Awekas etcetc.
Personally I really ahte the cloud.

johnd:

--- Quote from: Jorginho on September 02, 2020, 04:01:41 AM ---That is true but such an approach is at least not solely customerorientated. Davis offers both btw and there are no signs of them changing this. But that is of course in no small part because both the Vue and VP2 are old designs.
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what it's got to do with the age of the original designs. The Vue/VP2 wireless technology works well and is pretty much as good as anything I'm aware of available today in terms of range, data bandwidth, low power use etc. Granted, Davis do use ZigBee in the Enviromonitor models which gives a bit more range, but probably more importantly is the scope for mesh networking. If they were to make a change for VP3 then it might be the EM Zigbee model and the Weatherlink Live equivalent would be something like the EM IP Gateway, which is readily available now..

Technologies like LoRaWAN, SigFox and (I imagine) NB-IoT are fine for greater range but only allow low data bandwidth. So they are potentially good for agriculture applications, but you wouldn't expect to see eg live wind data with per-second updates from a LoRa device - the technology is not designed for that.

But I agree that stations need both a local API and a cloud platform target. Weatherlink Live has both, which is obviously why software like CumulusMX, weewx, Weather Display, Meteobridge etc can receive data locally from WLL. Users definitely like the flexibility that this brings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version