Author Topic: Cumulus MX support  (Read 976 times)

Offline box

• Forecaster
Cumulus MX support
« on: November 15, 2020, 04:29:37 AM »
Morning all

I've tried registering on the cumulus MX support website but the activation email has never arrived

It didn't when I asked it to resend either

I've looked in junk and so on

The board says contact a board admin if you have problems but there doesn't seem to be anyway of doing that either

I know the cumulus guys read this forum...can you help please?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Cumulus MX support
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 12:25:41 PM »
You are not the first person that I've recently heard of this being an issue. I don't know what the resolve is. But one thing I could suggest is to try and register with a different email address from a different provider. Not sure which you are trying to register with but the popular options are Gmail, Outlook/Hotmail, and Yahoo (maybe even icloud.com). Since they are all free there is no reason to not have them all. Even though I'm sure that there is a preferred email account that is not working for you I think that as long as you can get past the registration issue with a different account, it will then allow you to go into your Cumulus forum account profile and change the email address to the one that you prefer. Basically I'm thinking that you register with some other email account and then change it to the email address that you prefer after you are registered. Of course this may present the same situation if you'll perhaps be required to verify the new email address and that may result in a similar challenge. But at least at that point you have an account with the forum and you'll be able to send PM to the forum administrator to assist.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 01:04:53 PM »
Hi,
Please see PM

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline box

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 03:24:37 PM »
You are not the first person that I've recently heard of this being an issue. I don't know what the resolve is. But one thing I could suggest is to try and register with a different email address from a different provider. Not sure which you are trying to register with but the popular options are Gmail, Outlook/Hotmail, and Yahoo (maybe even icloud.com). Since they are all free there is no reason to not have them all. Even though I'm sure that there is a preferred email account that is not working for you I think that as long as you can get past the registration issue with a different account, it will then allow you to go into your Cumulus forum account profile and change the email address to the one that you prefer. Basically I'm thinking that you register with some other email account and then change it to the email address that you prefer after you are registered. Of course this may present the same situation if you'll perhaps be required to verify the new email address and that may result in a similar challenge. But at least at that point you have an account with the forum and you'll be able to send PM to the forum administrator to assist.

Thanks, I was wondering if that wasthe issue - anyway they have PM'd me now so hopefully resolved soon

Offline box

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 03:25:05 PM »
Hi,
Please see PM

Enjoy,
Paul

Many thanks - I have replied

Offline box

• Forecaster