Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 188191 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1600 on: March 29, 2019, 12:22:57 PM »
There's all kinds of issues with WU. I especially like this message for my webcam, "Offline (updated 737147 days ago)".

737147 days ago is the start of the Julian calendar.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline raffnix

« Reply #1601 on: March 29, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »
Same problems as many other user. Worst for me, no more rapid fire updates and confusing design. How likely is it, that all "good old functions" reappear? Thanks for support!

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1602 on: March 29, 2019, 01:49:36 PM »
I wouldn't be too hard on the WU team, I suspect that's what is being taught in web design classes nowadays (simple design, lots of white space, the idea that visual complexity is negatively correlated with website appeal, plus simplicity promotes quick download speeds).

Nothing wrong with simplicity but there’s absolutely no need for so much white space. The request for a mixture of metric / imperial is a long-standing one but still we wait.

And finally, the most important part of the new website is the information displayed is incorrect. Quite how so much can be wrong from what was uploaded is baffling. No excuse for that. Testing was non-existent otherwise the erroneous results would have been corrected.

And what was so wrong with the old style which worked?

Offline Cocute

« Reply #1603 on: March 29, 2019, 02:19:02 PM »
if not possible use old code, the logic is show simple text data of all PWS data.
When show all correct add icons, gauges and graphics.
but keep in mind that most people see it on a mobile phone, not just on a computer.

Theme of confusion metric and imperial is dramatic.
How can you get so involved with these issues?
There are 4 mathematical formulas

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #1604 on: March 29, 2019, 02:39:52 PM »
Bug report. WU dashboard shows 99% humidity in the summary. Actual is 63%.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 02:41:25 PM by Weatheroger »

Offline Mike Fitz

« Reply #1605 on: March 29, 2019, 02:46:05 PM »
My Graphs and table are correct (except the wind speed and gusts are equal in the graph) but the daily summary is completely wrong on all measurements.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 02:48:25 PM by Mike Fitz »

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1606 on: March 29, 2019, 03:43:03 PM »
I've been noticing intermittent missing data for wind direction in the table view:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1607 on: March 29, 2019, 03:54:34 PM »
This thing started out as some of us not liking the visual layout of the new dashboard... not knowing that it would turn into a total technical failure with problems everywhere.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1608 on: March 29, 2019, 05:00:24 PM »
This thing started out as some of us not liking the visual layout of the new dashboard... not knowing that it would turn into a total technical failure with problems everywhere.
And it appears to be getting worse.

Best part is IBM has TWC using our PWS data without attribution or even acknowledgement of the source while IBM continues to destroy the site that provides the data.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #1609 on: March 29, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »
It will all get fixed. Your constant moaning and unconstructive critisism isn't going to make it magically fix everything.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #1610 on: March 29, 2019, 06:58:58 PM »
It will all get fixed. Your constant moaning and unconstructive critisism isn't going to make it magically fix everything.

My report was mainly factual and fully justified. I’m not sure I share your confidence that it will all get fixed. How old is this thread and how long have we been asking for a mix of imperial and metric?

The lack of beta testing is indefensible when the previous version of the software worked with only relatively small problems.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1611 on: March 29, 2019, 07:27:47 PM »
Okay, I'll admit this is a long shot, but I was scratching my head trying to glean where the Summary data was populating from. This may be way off the mark, but to me it looks like the first 12 daily readings are being used to populate the Summary details. Here is a, albeit messy, graph with my findings:  YMMV [edit] I missed the daily low, but if you follow the logic, you'll see it.

<munching yummy popcorn>This reeks of armchair quarterbacking  [tup]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 07:31:48 PM by rormeister »

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #1612 on: March 29, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
My report was mainly factual and fully justified. I’m not sure I share your confidence that it will all get fixed. How old is this thread and how long have we been asking for a mix of imperial and metric?

The lack of beta testing is indefensible when the previous version of the software worked with only relatively small problems.

Well, that would be nice but is it really on the list of priorities?

How do you know how the beta testing went? The old layout was still having issues virtually every other day, so I don't see what all the panic is about. At the end of the day, it's a third party place to view your data. If you want everything in 100% working order, then use your own website.

The new layout is an improvement, and it will only get better.

Offline ray666

• Oyster Bay Weather
« Reply #1613 on: March 29, 2019, 07:50:58 PM »
There in still no metric figures an the map despite changing to C.
When will this be fixed?

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1614 on: March 29, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »
Well I imagine Weather Underground’s biggest problems they need to fix right now are the summaries, graphs/table, rapid-fire support, and decimal point precision for the temperature. That is going to take a long time to fix and I’d think they would correct metric/imperial issues later on when they’ve fixed the major flaws.
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline mdv

« Reply #1615 on: March 29, 2019, 08:16:57 PM »
I have noticed some small changes overnight that suggest the WU team is taking member comments earnestly. For one, I notice the graphs have reverted to using a 24hr X-axis scale, rather than the time-elapsed scale (where current time was the right-hand edge of the plot - which was difficult for me to comprehend).  [tup]

My PWS location is now showing in my dashboard as being in the correct hemisphere. [tup]

I can now access my PWS weather forecast page from my dashboard  [tup]- albeit that my forecast page is currently mostly non-functional. But there is no way to navigate from the forecast page back to the dashboard. Here, I assume the 'Home' icon is supposed to do that, but it is currently disabled in my case.

Bug Report: In addition to the data corruption in summary tables, there would appear to be an issue with the navigation through different time periods back to the current day. Specifically, it appears to me that when returning from another view - whether it be a previous daily view, weekly view or monthly view - to the current daily view, the summary data does not change from the previous view.

Attached image (which I inadvertently attached, but now cannot remove once posted) shows summary table when I navigate to monthly view and back to daily view. [Actual rainfall value is 30.48mm].
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:27:13 PM by mdv »

Offline Jaeger

« Reply #1616 on: March 29, 2019, 08:19:18 PM »
* Selecting °C doesn't change the PWS altitude to metres, or change the wind gauge to km/h, or change the map display to metric.

* Temperature and wind speed values are being rounded to integer values; they used to be displayed to (at least) one decimal place.

* The pressure gauge doesn't work: currently 1011.55 hPa, but the needle is stuck at "zero."

* No units are displayed on the gauges for temperature, pressure and precipitation.

Offline mdv

« Reply #1617 on: March 29, 2019, 08:52:02 PM »
Okay, I'll admit this is a long shot, but I was scratching my head trying to glean where the Summary data was populating from. This may be way off the mark, but to me it looks like the first 12 daily readings are being used to populate the Summary details. Here is a, albeit messy, graph with my findings:  YMMV [edit] I missed the daily low, but if you follow the logic, you'll see it.

<munching yummy popcorn>This reeks of armchair quarterbacking  [tup]

I attach an image of my PWS summary data (sorry for no pretty circles and arrows as these are beyond my skills) that lends support to your theory. In particular the summary data rainfall value matches the 12th accumulated rainfall data point in the table, noting that rain continued to fall thereafter. Max/min pressure values also tie in, but max/min wind speed/gust values do not appear to match as well.

Offline Mike Fitz

« Reply #1618 on: March 29, 2019, 08:55:21 PM »
I did notice my radar map has expanded a bit in height so there's some progress.  :)

Offline mpf148

« Reply #1619 on: March 29, 2019, 09:20:25 PM »
im a simple user, but love having this station.

Bugs I've noticed:

- finally able to register my new device - nice!

- device I previously deleted showing active and online - someone else reported the same thing ... is this ghosting? scary since that station's is boxed up and in a garage about 25 miles from where it used to broadcas ...  need to replace the weathervane (ambientweather 1400IP) -- anyone know where I can buy a spare?

- new device is showing offline and link to view the station from my devices is not active.  i can see my device via WU app

- iphone app, I can no longer select my current location.  Only my home device is selectable.

- details form my device not carrying through to the app

- tried to turn on weather alerts, but they turned off automatically.

- im still getting adds, but paying member

- never understood why only an iPad app, why not configured for an iphone too? 

- bring back the ability to post a message to people looking at your station.  Used this feature for my wife's school.

- no one ever responded to my email to the website support.

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #1620 on: March 29, 2019, 10:22:50 PM »

Bugs I've noticed:
[snipped]

Are you signing in?

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline Mike Fitz

« Reply #1621 on: March 29, 2019, 10:25:45 PM »
Just an aside but I've been opening the page multiple times a day and this evening I opened it again and was logged out and had to log back in. Noticed because I was getting ads.

Offline mdv

« Reply #1622 on: March 29, 2019, 10:35:01 PM »
In the previous WU dashboard, manipulating the time cursor for the graphs was, for me at least, just plain awful. The time cursor displayed now is a great improvement.  [tup] [tup] [tup]

Offline mpf148

« Reply #1623 on: March 29, 2019, 11:00:35 PM »

Bugs I've noticed:
[snipped]

Are you signing in?

Rich K.

Yes I am.  Banner ads across the top

Offline jdomke1

« Reply #1624 on: March 29, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »
I'm glad I found this forum because I've received no response from WU to my support request. I've got several things going on..
First, I noticed my PWS was showing on the map correctly but the neighborhood showed an airport more than 30 miles away which was confusing. In the past it showed our airport. I tried to edit my PWS in WU but got page not found for hours so I messaged them. Second issue occurred the next day when I tried to go to my PWS in WU and got an error saying that station ID didn't exist. I confirmed repeatedly that I had the right station and URL. I gave up and just added a new station. I have an Acurite 5-1 attached to a PC that has ethernet so not a wireless issue. My indoor display is showing data. The Acurite app on the PC is showing data. I put the new station ID and PW into the WU section of the app. It's been more than 24 hrs and WU still shows my station as not connected. I'm able to access my station on the Acurite website and see my live data.
Here's the kicker... sometime today my old station ID URL was back and somehow showing data despite the app having the new ID/PW entered. The new station ID is also working, displaying the exact same info as the old station ID. The odd thing is, WU says it's not connected and the data on the Acurite website is very different. It shows 45 degrees and the WU site says 60 degrees for both. It truly is 45 degrees. How can WU display data for a station it claims they are not connected to? Getting no response from WU for three days, I'm hoping someone here has some ideas.
Old station is  https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ca/modesto/KCAMODES92
New station is https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ca/modesto/KCAMODES95

I also don't like how it displays a Neighborhood for the stations that you have no way to change. No one around us has any clue what this La Loma Station is. We're at the Modesto Airport, not Stockton Airport as shown on the original station. Very confusing.

anything