Author Topic: Wifi Logger2 stop working  (Read 1432 times)

Offline sim_v

Wifi Logger2 stop working
« on: August 26, 2023, 05:17:29 AM »
Hi,

Eleven months after installation, my wifilogger2 stops working.
I noticed it got hot and increasing station temperature 3 °C a 2 weeks ago.
This morning: less hot but no more flashing green LED light. No more connection. Weatherlink.com state last synchronisation was made two days ago.
I try unplug/plug, several resets, remove the SD card, etc.
It seems to be completely dead and now cold.

Any idea about this brutal stop?

Simon

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
Re: Wifi Logger2 stop working
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 10:23:41 PM »
Send an email note to support@wifilogger.net. Just copy and paste your post below into your email to him. The developer will get back to you but he lives in Poland so consider the time difference when expecting a response. In the interim, view this you tube video:

https://youtu.be/eyWrdPouS0o?si=ar-xqxXpcQ9BHKF0

« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:12:41 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline sim_v

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 04:44:03 AM »
Thanks, I tried full reset but without led blinking, it's a bit hard !
I contacted the shop that sold me this device (it's close to vacation this week).
I contact the developer too.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 04:48:52 AM by sim_v »

Offline sim_v

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 11:37:23 AM »
Wojtek helped me to identify and fix a dead ceramic capacitor.
My heated wifilogger is cooler and working!
I retrieved all data before removing it from the station.

He offers me to send a fresh new unit.  [tup]

https://forums.infoclimat.fr/f/topic/58643-wifilogger2-compl%C3%A8tement-mort-ressuscit%C3%A9-pb-hardware/#comment-3734755
-> You can see 3 ceramic caps in parallel. They seem to be in parallel with the big chemical capacitor.
Happy again !
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 03:27:57 PM by sim_v »

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 12:19:50 PM »
Typical Wojtek. If all businesses operated that way, people would be thrilled!
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor
    • Fairfield Weather Station
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 03:14:42 PM »
I've had my Wifilogger since 2018 and it just died today. :sad: it went offline this morning so i went to investigate. The blue led was not blinking and after hitting reset, it would blink dim a couple times and then bright 3 times...then nothing. I went into setup and noticed my SSID password was shorter than it should be (not enough dots in the password box for the correct password) So i retyped the full password and hit "save" but after save it reverted back to the same unknown shorter password from before. It would not update this no matter how many times I tried. I saw the instructions for a factory reset and went to try that, but now i get no lights except for one bright flash when i press the white (reset) button. the "setup" button no longer works now.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 03:31:56 PM »
I've had my Wifilogger since 2018 and it just died today. :sad: it went offline this morning so i went to investigate. The blue led was not blinking and after hitting reset, it would blink dim a couple times and then bright 3 times...then nothing. I went into setup and noticed my SSID password was shorter than it should be (not enough dots in the password box for the correct password) So i retyped the full password and hit "save" but after save it reverted back to the same unknown shorter password from before. It would not update this no matter how many times I tried. I saw the instructions for a factory reset and went to try that, but now i get no lights except for one bright flash when i press the white (reset) button. the "setup" button no longer works now.

Contact support@wifilogger.net.

The developer, Wojtek will get back to you. He lives in Poland so factor your time difference when expecting a reply. Explain the problem, whether you have WFL version 1 or 2, and what firmware it has.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 03:45:43 PM by WheatonRon »

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 04:44:08 PM »
Thanks
I emailed him. But I'm fairly certain it's fried. It was one of the original versions and I will likely purchase the WFL2 version anyway just get a fresh unit that will last a while. I only wish I would have screen shot all my settings before it crashed.  ](*,)

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 08:03:02 PM »
I have the original WFLogger and two WFL2s. All three still work flawlessly. Don’t give up on your WFL1 yet! Wojtek may have a solution!

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2023, 10:34:14 AM »
Well...I emailed Wojtek and explained the issue. But unfortunately he says it's likely bricked and there is nothing that I can do with it at this point.

Then, he offered to send me a new free WiFiLogger2 directly from Poland. Very generous especially considering it's 5 years old! That's Customer Service at it's finest  =D>

Offline sim_v

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2023, 03:04:49 PM »
He offers me to send a fresh new unit.  [tup]

Brand new WL2 installed and working !