Author Topic: Access - Possible End Of Life Cycle  (Read 1156 times)

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Access - Possible End Of Life Cycle
« on: December 13, 2022, 03:01:29 PM »
The "Access" maybe at the end of cycle, with a new replacement coming sometime in the future.

I had a problem with my Atlas not reporting to Weather Underground since last September. I opened a problem report with customer service and this is their last response back to me.

Hello,
If the Weather Underground issue persists, the AcuRite Access would need to be replaced. 

Due to a critical internal component being discontinued by our supplier, AcuRite Access will no longer be available. In the future, we will provide a new solution with similar functionality to the Access that allows for multiple sensor connections for display on My AcuRite. While we do not have a timeline for the launch of the new product, we encourage you to monitor AcuRite.com for the latest updates. While you are there, you can also sign up for our Newsletter to be notified of upcoming product releases and special offers. Currently, we offer a Wi-Fi-connected display that can send your Atlas Weather Station data to My AcuRite for remote monitoring.

https://www.acurite.com/direct-to-wi-fi-display-made-for-acurite-atlas.html

Thank you,
Selene
 AcuRite Customer Support
www.AcuRite.com

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline smac

Re: Access - Possible End Of Life Cycle
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 05:40:17 PM »
Hard to believe they would have a component that only one company could make.  Hope they get the replacement developed quickly.  Good thing my Access has been rock solid.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 07:40:15 PM »
(sigh) It seems like just yesterday they replaced the smart hub (which I thought worked great) with the Access (which does less and costs more). Not good news.  :-(

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 07:53:46 PM »
(sigh) It seems like just yesterday they replaced the smart hub (which I thought worked great) with the Access (which does less and costs more). Not good news.  :-(
And let's not forget the Atlas Elite announcement fiasco that got a lot of folks excited about a possible competitor for the Davis Vantage Pro2 (we waited and waited for nothing). In my opinion, Acurite has not demonstrated good faith honesty to their customers and potential customers. I finally gave up waiting for the Elite and bought an Ambient Weather system ... should have done it sooner.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 08:28:17 PM »
And let's not forget the Atlas Elite announcement fiasco that got a lot of folks excited about a possible competitor for the Davis Vantage Pro2 (we waited and waited for nothing).
I was looking forward to this. IMO, the Atlas had so many issues, which in Acurite's credit, they were always sending out replacement parts under warranty. The writing was on the wall that the Elite could never be materialized just for this fact. That said, I'm wondering how they're still in the PWS business.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 09:55:03 PM »
In my opinion, Acurite has not demonstrated good faith honesty to their customers and potential customers.
Sadly, I have to agree and I'm speaking as someone with a lot of Acurite gear that, for the most part, I'm happy with.
I have two 5in1 displays, a 5in1 mounted outside and a spare unit still in the box as a backup. I also have sensors at key locations around the house monitoring temperature and water leaks. I would have purchased more if the Access supported 10 sensors (like the smart hub) instead of seven.

IMO, the Atlas had so many issues, which in Acurite's credit, they were always sending out replacement parts under warranty.
The Atlas had (and has) a bunch of issues and while Acurite sent out a lot of replacement parts, my impression was that they rarely fixed the problems. I could be wrong, it's just the impression I got from reading the posts here. It convinced me that if I was ever looking for another station, it wouldn't be an Atlas.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 09:49:36 AM »
Bad management on the Elite and company direction/vision into the upper end weather station.

Management has lost focus and change direction so many times while letting marketing get a head of the design and technical groups. They can't decide what they want to be (Cheap mid-range weather sensors).

Which group is driving the company?

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173