Author Topic: Help...with my Acurite 5 in 1  (Read 1406 times)

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
Help...with my Acurite 5 in 1
« on: June 01, 2022, 12:15:36 PM »
HELP   I have had my Acurite professional 5 in 1 station for maybe 5 years. It's been all good. For about the last year my batteries have been needed to be replaced. My station sensor was on the roof and only recently I've been able to replace the batteries. I moved about 3 miles away, added new batteries and it works just fine again EXCEPT> I can't get it to share data again on my weather underground website. It sends data just fine to my station on my desk and to my computer. The data shows up on my Acurite dashboard online just fine too. I checked my PC Connect for the right underground ID and password as well as those on my acurite dashboard for sharing. Everytime I try again to send, the PC Connect says, getting data, sending data and then SHARING FAILED. Any ideas whats going on or how I can fix it?

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Help...with my Acurite 5 in 1
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 09:54:57 AM »
How long were the batteries dead and not sending data? Maybe you just need to wait for WU to recognize your weather station again. It could take a couple of days. I would think its more of WU problem.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 10:27:37 AM »
The batteries were dead a long time for sure. I'll wait a bit before deciding to just get a new station. I have had it now back running for 5 days or so and still the PC connect on my computer shows it hasn't shared with the weather underground. I assumed I would have to wait for weather underground to recognize it again, but I thought my PC connect would say it has sent it to them right away at least. Thanks a lot for the reply.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 11:06:01 AM »
Maybe create another WU ID and try to connect to it.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 01:55:38 PM »
I did that also. Twice but no go.

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 06:59:47 PM »
I have a 5in1 but I connect using an Access so I'm not sure how much help I can be but I'll give it a shot.

If I understand correctly your station was down for about a year until you moved to a new location and replaced the batteries. Now the station communicates with the display and your computer, and the computer (PC connect) is successfully sending data to your My Acurite online dashboard but isn't sending data to WU. When you moved to the new location did anything change, new computer, new install of pc connect, new router...things like that?

What other things have you tried. This page has some suggestions if you haven't already tried them.

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 09:46:05 AM »
I have a 5in1 but I connect using an Access so I'm not sure how much help I can be but I'll give it a shot.

If I understand correctly your station was down for about a year until you moved to a new location and replaced the batteries. Now the station communicates with the display and your computer, and the computer (PC connect) is successfully sending data to your My Acurite online dashboard but isn't sending data to WU. When you moved to the new location did anything change, new computer, new install of pc connect, new router...things like that?

What other things have you tried. This page has some suggestions if you haven't already tried them.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is just like you quoted as to what my situation is. I did move and now have a new router so maybe that was it. BUT now something else popped up; now my weather data has stopped sending from my monitor to my computer or to my acurite online account. So, I am going to just start from scratch and get a new weather station. My station being as old as it it, I suppose more things may be wrong with it or will be adding to my situation eventually anyway. Thanks again. Michael

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 04:48:44 PM »
Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is just like you quoted as to what my situation is. I did move and now have a new router so maybe that was it. BUT now something else popped up; now my weather data has stopped sending from my monitor to my computer or to my acurite online account. So, I am going to just start from scratch and get a new weather station. My station being as old as it it, I suppose more things may be wrong with it or will be adding to my situation eventually anyway. Thanks again. Michael
From what you've said it sounds like the 5 in 1 is working and doing what it's supposed to (send data to the display monitor). The monitor is receiving and displaying the information correctly but not sending it to the computer or the monitor is sending data but the computer isn't receiving it.

This makes me suspect that the problem, possibly at least, could be with the computer hardware or setup rather than anything to do with the weather station, so getting a new station may not solve the problem.

Offline wxman1952

• Forecaster
    • Saginaw County Weather
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2022, 10:23:26 AM »
From what you've said it sounds like the 5 in 1 is working and doing what it's supposed to (send data to the display monitor). The monitor is receiving and displaying the information correctly but not sending it to the computer or the monitor is sending data but the computer isn't receiving it.

Thanks for the reply... Funny thing it that it WAS sending data to my computer for about 5-6 days and not sending the data to the weather underground but the other day it stoped even sending data to my computer. I'll keep checkimg why that part was ok and then that stoppd along as sending it online.

This makes me suspect that the problem, possibly at least, could be with the computer hardware or setup rather than anything to do with the weather station, so getting a new station may not solve the problem.

anything