Author Topic: Vue console with solar, UV  (Read 769 times)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Vue console with solar, UV
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:14:32 AM »
Something I didn't realize with the Vue console you can still monitor solar and UV as long as it's connected to VP2 ISS.
It's in the manual, I must of skipped over that section.
Anyway because Vue console is the only way to correctly get altimeter at (2600') without adjusting altimeter daily and doesn't lose xmitter connection below zero as easily as the Vp2 console, I'll be changing back to the Vue console as primary. (My other Vue console is at remote station).
I see no reason it won't work with Cumulus and still be able to upload solar to website and CWOP. Guess I'll find out when I hook it up for sure if Cumulus still see's solar.
Won't be here until Saturday. I'll post back how it works with Cumulus and website software confirming if solar still works using Vue Console and Vp2 ISS.
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Vue console with solar, UV
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »
I changed my VP2 6152 ISS to a Plus this spring.
My Cumulus 1 is connected through Envoy/USB and started to show solar and UV when I changed the ISS.
In the testing of WiFiLogger I am using a Vue console receiving from the same ISS and using CumulusMX. 

The monthly data logs for both programs now show the UV Index, Solar Radiation, ET, Annual ET, and Theoretical max solar. 
The uploads from both USB/Envoy and WiFiLogger/Vue each stated to include UV and Solar where that is included in their pages - i.e. WU

Enjoy,Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 10:25:19 AM »
So you think Cumulus older version 1.94 will show Solar using Vue? You said it worked with envoy which is same as VP2 console so should of worked fine.
And it worked with a different data logger WiFiLogger/Vue, so I see no reason it shouldn't.

I ran across bad info out there mainly sandysoft forum where they were saying you would need to go with 1-wire solar sensors which as far as I can tell is false all that needs to be done is change ISS to VP2 version. Maybe they were wanting to keep the Vue instrument suite and Iss so yes then it wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:26:51 AM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 01:00:32 PM »
You said it worked with envoy which is same as VP2 console so should of worked fine.
Yes I think that is a given.  There is no settings in Cumulus for solar and UV sensors and presume Cumulus just takes the information if it comes.  And only in the upload settings is there a setting to include solar and UV upload

So you think Cumulus older version 1.94 will show Solar using Vue?
I would have thought so, but then CumulusMX uses a different protocol to communicate with the station logger than Cumulus 1 so there may be a difference but have not tried it as don't want any potential data issue with my Cumulus 1 setup.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 02:29:22 PM »
Sounds good.. I'll be giving a try hopefully tomorrow. 
Randy

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 04:20:43 PM »
Randy, I have been using the Vue console with my VP2 Plus for about 2 years now and all the solar and uv shows up on the old Cumulous.  Only use the Pro console to get data from remote temperature sensor in the brew room.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »
Randy, I have been using the Vue console with my VP2 Plus for about 2 years now and all the solar and uv shows up on the old Cumulous.  Only use the Pro console to get data from remote temperature sensor in the brew room.

Mark

Thanks Mark  =D>
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
All's well Vue console working no problems with Cumulus seeing solar. No more adjusting VP2 console altimeter daily. Hee haw!
Vue matched airport altimeter with nothing other than correct elevation.

Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 07:40:46 PM »
Vue matched airport altimeter with nothing other than correct elevation.
Nice piece of cake, isn't it... 8-)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 08:56:04 PM »
Happy camper again.
Randy