Author Topic: Weather Channel has Movies  (Read 22068 times)

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: Weather Channel has Movies
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 12:17:47 AM »
I cannot believe what I am seeing. There are people dead and injured in towns damaged and torn apart by tornadoes in Arkansas. A report was given earlier about a tornado reported on the ground in Little Rock, and the Weather Channel has a blasted movie on the air. This is outlandish, outrageous, and flat out pathetic. I am calling for a boycott to the Weather Channel in response to this flippant attitude towards the very reason that the Weather Channel is supposed to exist; advising and alerting people to potentially harmful or life threatening weather conditions across the entire United States. It is NOT to fatten the pockets of the executives and sponsors at NBC Universal by putting movies on and running them come Hell or high water.
You can also e-mail the Weather Channel (http://www.weather.com/interact/contactus/?from=sitemap) and NBC Universal (http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/) directly to voice your opinion on their ignorant and foolish tactics.
  I could not agree more.  I am shocked.  As I write the WC is interrupting the replay of the movie to report on the severe outbreak!!!  What's next?  Cartoons?

Offline weather9

• Akers Weather
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2010, 10:10:03 AM »
and to top it off...in the past couple of days severe weather has been rampant. Right in the middle of having 20 tornadoes on the ground in the mid section, a PDS issued by Severe Storms Prediction Center,
they go to Cantore Stories..how screwed up is that?
KSCBENNE4/CW6106
VP2 w/ 24hr FARS and solar, XP sp3
VWS 14.01 p31
Regards,
Steve

"To hear, one has only to listen"

Offline HailHunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »
No more screwed up than last night during the height of the outbreak all they could do is yammer on about photos and videos of flooding that had occurred earlier in the day or about the vortex chase thing or whatever it's called.

I want to give a ton of credit to the overnight crew who did EXACTLY what you are supposed to do. They were on live and were on the air with warning transcripts and radar images giving people in our area up to the minute warnings from Kentucky south into our region.

Yet, of course, by the time Weekend Outlook came around that was put to the wayside while they started talking about that blasted oil spill and jabbering about other stuff while mentioning the severe weather here and there. It's sickening!

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2010, 10:19:50 PM »
   One thing that had me laughing a bit yesterday was when I went past TWC and I heard what sounded like a song by Pink Floyd :shock:!!!  I stopped and listened and it was an elevator version of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" playing during the local on the eights (or whatever they call it now). Still makes me chuckle today!!! :lol: :lol:

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »
At least TheWorthlessChannel still has something left of it even if it's not much with weather, it can bring a chuckle to your day!

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2010, 11:45:32 PM »
They use Allman's "Jessica" too.

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2010, 05:08:43 PM »
    Last night when we were having severe weather going through NW Ohio I turned on TWC and expected to see the movie playing but it wasn't :shock: :shock:.  They said that when there is severe weather they pre-empt the movie only in the area affected by the severe weather.  I actually enjoyed the coverage last night with Alexandra Steele and Dr. G. Forbes.  I really liked his explanations about what was causing the severe weather, and he explained things being seen on radar like inflows and outflows.  I gave it a "B" =D> =D>.  Wish it would do that more often...like ALWAYS!!!  Drop the movies and do that 24/7/365!!!

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »
I always enjoy Alex.  Even with the sound off.

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
I always enjoy Alex.  Even with the sound off.
   I know what ya mean :oops: :oops: ;)

Offline weather9

• Akers Weather
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »
My vote is Julie Martin, and she's not even a meteorolgist.
KSCBENNE4/CW6106
VP2 w/ 24hr FARS and solar, XP sp3
VWS 14.01 p31
Regards,
Steve

"To hear, one has only to listen"

Offline IMADreamer

• Forecaster
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »
I'm going to sound like a dog here, but I rarely watch TV but when I do it's usually the weather channel and typically only when one of their good looking meteorologist is on. lol  They certainly do have a few of those.
Hello my name is Jason, I am a Meteorologist, farmer, and auto journalist.
www.infinite-garage.com

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »
   I have to say that tonight TWC coverage has been excellent.  They have been with Vortex 2 for the last 30+ minutes and Dr. Forbes is with V2. He has been showing the real sky while Jim Cantore is showing the GR radar and Stor Relative velocities.  It has been great.  they just received a gust front while on air. Cool! =D> =D>  Maybe they have heard something.

Offline Westsydneyweather

• West Sydney Live Weather
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2010, 10:33:30 PM »
Interesting.
I wonder if our Weather Channel here in Australia will do the same.
I hope not, they don't need to.

anything