Author Topic: Davis 6313 Console  (Read 1084 times)

Offline geoffmurray

• Geoff Murray Wilderness and Landscape Photography
Davis 6313 Console
« on: December 26, 2023, 06:07:46 AM »
Is the new Davis Weatherlink Console 6313 able to use the WiFiLogger at all? I have a Vantage Pro 2 console with WiFiLogger installed and wouldn't be interested in upgrading to the 6313 if it couldn't upload to Windy via WiFiLogger.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Davis 6313 Console
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 06:21:37 AM »
It's a straight no. The 6313 console has a completely different architecture from the legacy Davis consoles, which does not make use of any external loggers. One way of thinking about a 6313 console is that it has WeatherlinkIP logger functionality built into it, but currently there is no local data API, only uploads to weatherlink.com via WiFi and the Internet.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline geoffmurray

• Geoff Murray Wilderness and Landscape Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 06:23:29 AM »
Thanks John, I'll be sticking with the current console then :)
Geoff

Offline jcookjr82

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 12:45:16 PM »
Years from now, the old consoles will be very valuable in terms of being able to upload to all the sites it currently allows, especially if Davis does not listen to the customers and make the sites a part of the software. I think the new display is great, but it's obviously limited.
Davis Vantage Vue (Brentwood, CA KCABRENT8 and Arnold, CA KCAARNOL99)
Davis Vantage Pro2 (Lakehead, CA KCALAKEH52)
LaCrosse 2813 (retired 1/17/2018)

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 06:31:40 AM »
Years from now, the old consoles will be very valuable in terms of being able to upload to all the sites it currently allows, especially if Davis does not listen to the customers and make the sites a part of the software. I think the new display is great, but it's obviously limited.

People in USA and UK do not have issue with paying subscription to view theirs data on WL.COM, where WL.COM  is very professional.

However, in other countries, it may depend on income or lifestyle, where people consider purchasing a Davis VP2 station not just as a hobby, but as an investment or a very expensive hobby. In such cases, voices are raised.

Reluctance to send data to WL.COM, since I have invested in the station, why do THEY want to have the fruits of my investment?
Reluctance to pay an additional tax for something that should already be mine.
A certain percentage of users use weather data from Davis stations for other systems. The lack of the ability to read from the station complicates this process. Of course, until the subscription is paid, because then we can use the API available on WL.COM.

In my opinion, the new console is very nice. It features decent graphics and works well with several VP2, Vue stations at once.
Its shape is very conservative, making it blend into any interior, any home.

The only issue is with acquiring data locally or remotely, but user-defined, these are the only drawbacks of this solution.
However, we must remember that all it takes is good will and system updates by Davis for these problems to become a thing of the past.