Author Topic: help getting weatherlink/vws to talk to wunderground  (Read 338 times)

Offline TonyV

help getting weatherlink/vws to talk to wunderground
« on: April 11, 2024, 01:41:48 PM »
New computer setup. If I go the VWS wunderground button, I can upload all vantage pro 2 records to wunderground. Yet, when I access my station on wunderground it is flagged as offline. It was working fine on the old computer. This is a USB connection, BTW. Help greatly appreciated.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: help getting weatherlink/vws to talk to wunderground
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 05:24:05 PM »
Hi,
Can you provide your Weather Underground station name?
Weather Underground can at times be unreliable so not necessarily your issue but theirs.

I presume with weatherlink/vws you mean the Davis Weatherlink datalogger connected with Ambient Virtual Weather Station software on your PC.  Davis uses "Weatherlink" for many things (at least 6 different devices).

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline TonyV

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 05:51:08 PM »
Thanx for the info. It's a Davis vantage pro 2 (usb) running VWS 15 and weatherlink 6.0.3 software - and yes, I am getting *intermittent* comm failures. I've replaced the USB cable, tried different ports. I've also seen the "device not found" thread on this forum. Thanks again. This is very frustrating, as you can imagine.

-Tony

Offline TonyV

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 05:52:56 PM »
Oh yeah - the station name is KMATEWKS6

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 06:11:26 PM »
Are you running VWS and WL at the same time?

CW3699

Offline TonyV

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 06:25:55 PM »
not usually but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Of course, VWS point to the WL directory and station. Thanks!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 06:33:45 PM »

not usually but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Of course, VWS point to the WL directory and station. Thanks!
I don't know VWS but as best I know you can't or shouldn't use two weather programs at the same time with Weatherlink console/datalogger unless you have something like VVP also running.  If you use Weatherlink on your PC and running then you can have that upload to Weatherlink.com and from there it can upload to Weather Underground.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline TonyV

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 06:37:36 PM »
According to Davis: "5.2.3 Davis Instruments Connection to the weather station requires the WeatherLink module. "

Offline TonyV

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 06:48:56 PM »
The error log is kinda useless "04/11/24,18:44:00,Invalid parameter. Check Internet Connection,Login to  (Attempt 3). Other apps connect to the internet just fine. sigh.
"

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 08:16:30 PM »

Hi,
Your WU seems to have been updated ok until mid-morning today.

Of course, VWS point to the WL directory and station.
According to Davis: "5.2.3 Davis Instruments Connection to the weather station requires the WeatherLink module.
The error log is kinda useless "04/11/24,18:44:00,Invalid parameter. Check Internet Connection, Login to  (Attempt 3). Other apps connect to the internet just fine. sigh.
Sound like you have more than "help getting weatherlink/vws to talk to wunderground" issue.  I am a bit confused by those statements.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline TonyV

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 11:04:41 PM »
Hi Paul,

Yeah, mid morning I plugged the console into the, about to be retired, computer.

Tony