Author Topic: Upgrading from Vantage VUE to Vantage Pro 2  (Read 904 times)

Offline WBDubya

Upgrading from Vantage VUE to Vantage Pro 2
« on: March 11, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
I've had the Vantage Vue for close to 7 years and I'd like to upgrade to the Vantage Pro 2. Here's the question: I have the Vantage Vue console with the data logger.  Do I have to upgrade those as well or can I just buy the sensors?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Upgrading from Vantage VUE to Vantage Pro 2
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 08:53:35 AM »
I've had the Vantage Vue for close to 7 years and I'd like to upgrade to the Vantage Pro 2. Here's the question: I have the Vantage Vue console with the data logger.  Do I have to upgrade those as well or can I just buy the sensors?

As long as you don't want any supplementary transmitters/sensors (other than the option of the anemometer transmitter) then no need to change the console/logger - the Vue console will pick up the VP2 ISS data perfectly well. But if you DO want the VP2 console then this is likely to need a new logger too (though nothing to stop you keeping Vue console/logger and new VP2 console in operation at the same time and using the Vue/logger to feed data to a PC).
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline WBDubya

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »
Ok thanks. I guess it would be like putting a Ferrari body on a VW bug chasis. Maybe I can sell the old setup on EBay and go new with everything.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 10:25:13 AM »
I guess it would be like putting a Ferrari body on a VW bug chasis.

Not really. What comes out of the Vue/logger combo is just a digital data stream that's essentially identical to what would come out of the VP2 console/logger (assuming no supplementary sensors). The VP2 display is somewhat larger and clearer IMO but that's about it.

Maybe I can sell the old setup on EBay and go new with everything.

Sure.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 10:32:38 AM »
Quote<blockquote>Maybe I can sell the old setup on EBay and go new with everything.</blockquote>
Sure.
Or here on the forum http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=79.0

Enjoy
Paul

anything