Author Topic: 6058M not updating  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Pauldg

6058M not updating
« on: April 11, 2021, 07:24:52 PM »
Hello Forum Members,

First post here, hoping for some advice. I have a model 6058M paired with a 5-1 sensor. Had it for a couple years, and it’s been pretty accurate and trouble free.

The display showed low battery in February, so I changed them out. Starting a couple weeks ago, the system stops updating randomly. The signal strength show no bars. If I remove the sensor, then add it back, it comes back showing full signal strength, and battery shows ok. The first time it happened, I did a full reset. Lately all I have had to do is remove then re-add the sensor. Once I do this, things work normally for anywhere from 2 hours to 5 days before it stops updating again.  I have tried waiting up to 24 hrs to see if it comes back on its own, but no luck. The system has never shown low battery when this has occurred. The display is about 30 feet from the display, and nothing has changed with regards to other interference such as computers, etc.

My first thought is to try another set of batteries to see if that helps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul G

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: 6058M not updating
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 11:06:02 AM »
 Batteries in the 5-N-1 are weak/dying?

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Pauldg

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 11:24:22 AM »
That's my next thing to try.

The sensor went about 14 months on the last set of batteries, and it's only been a couple since I changed them. Perhaps the batteries weren't fresh.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 11:40:01 AM »
It could be just one of four batteries in the 5-N-1 that’s bad. I’ve gotten into the habit of testing the new batteries before using them.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline leweatherobzver

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 09:43:52 PM »
Just replace all of the batteries in the whole system.
My weather station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCRALEI695
Setup: AcuRite 5-in-1 with Direct to WiFi Display

Offline Pauldg

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 04:58:05 PM »
Good afternoon,

Just thought I’d post an update. I replaced all 4 batteries with a new fresh set. Problem persists. Sometimes it will go 3 or 4 days without losing connection, other times 3 or 4 hours. All it takes to fix it is to remove the sensor and add it back. Always comes back with full bars on the display.

I checked the batteries I removed and they all were perfectly fine.

At this point I believe the display unit is the culprit.

Not sure if I should look into replacing the display, or simply replace the entire system.

Paul G

anything