Author Topic: Weatherlink not connecting to it  (Read 71 times)

Offline Stuart 50

Weatherlink not connecting to it
« on: Yesterday at 06:39:28 AM »
Hi Folks, i have a new router Draytek Vigor2130n and i can not pass the data from my Davis Vantge Pro 2 Weatherllink IP logger.
I have set up the static ip and port 22222 as dsicriped it shows in the open port taht status is green.
When i log on to my Weatherlink page it shows a old date and at the botom of the page it is red not white indicating that it is not receiving data.
Just wondered if any body had any experience with this router.
Any help would be appreciated.

Stuart

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • Support site Leuven Template and scripts
Re: Weatherlink not connecting to it
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:02:28 AM »
Hi Folks, i have a new router Draytek Vigor2130n and i can not pass the data from my Davis Vantge Pro 2 Weatherllink IP logger.
I have set up the static ip and port 22222 as dsicriped it shows in the open port taht status is green.
When i log on to my Weatherlink page it shows a old date and at the botom of the page it is red not white indicating that it is not receiving data.
Just wondered if any body had any experience with this router.
Any help would be appreciated.

Stuart
I used the Vigor 2130 wirelsess version myself in two places. Still have them in the boxes as spare routers.
No problems connecting the Weatherllink IP logger = WLIP. But I never ever have set a fixed IP.

The WLIP when calling home (Weatherlink.com) is not using port 22222 either.
That is the port for the weather-program inside your lan to get the data from the logger. The WLIP uses port 80 to communicate with WL.com

If you set on the yellow webpage in your browser for your WLIP the "Use the following IP Address" the numbers should precisly match the one fro your Vigor 2130.
Example, so the IP adress must be in the same range as the router, the gateway should be the exact address of the router, the subnet mask also.
And important: The DNS Server must exist and reachable via your gateway.

Weatgerlink.com moved to a new server this week so also got a new ip-adress the WLIP needs to get from the DNS server.

You should check thos things carefully.

When you have your copy of the weatherlink program on your PC you can also check if your WLIP can be found by the program. There is a button labeld "Find" on the communication settings dialog.
See page with pagenumber 16 (page 18 of the pdf)
http://www.davisnet.com/product_documents/weather/manuals/07395-210_GSG_06510_6555.pdf

Succes, Wim
Meteohub / Meteobridge with Vantage Pro2 UV Solar Soil Leaf
www.weerstation-wilsele.be   and   www.weerstation-herent.be
WeatherDisplay Cumulus Weatherlink using VVP and WeatherCat on a Mac Mini for development
www.weerstation-leuven.be

anything